What is Your Highest Score??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Your Highest Score??

What is your highest point total for a single cryptogram?

Mine is 446 as of 6/9/08 1:16 PM MST

what is your highest score?

Not sure the exact date but I think mine was also 446...It was on a difficult category crypto that I solved in 19 seconds. I'm pretty sure that that's the highest I've seen. I don't know if I've ever solved one any faster. Sometimes I think the difficult ones are easier than the average or even easy ones, depending.

Comment

Easy vs Difficult

I have found that difficulty is based on length not on how really hard it is to solve.

I have been thinking of posting a plea about everyone slowing down because I'm going away...It's just so much fun, although I have a compulsion to solve every single one no matter what.

Comment

Fastest

I have not really kept track of my highest score. I think it is in the 440s, as I don't really recall anything of 450 or above.

You are right about difficulty being based on length.

Enjoy your time away, and come back refreshed.

Comment

I just hit two 446's in a row... one in 21 sec., the next in 24. I guess anything under 25 sec. rates a 446. (on a difficult rated puzzle, of course)

Comment

Highest score

I got some 446s, including on one puzzle I solved in 19 seconds. Since I've only ever done one puzzle faster than that (I managed exactly one in 17 seconds, and I don't recall the score) I'm not sure how fast you'd have to go to top 446.

Comment

I started paying more attention and I managed a few 445s so far. I guess 446 is something to shoot for.

Comment

scores

I've solved a few in 19 seconds and have gotten 446. Same thing for 20-25 seconds ... 446. I have been watching, and I think it changes over to 444 at about 30 seconds. Some of the difficult puzzles are easy, but I have hit a few that take me 30-40 minutes of trial and error to solve. I hate those... end up with 10 points.

Comment

I don't have the patience to spend 20 minutes on a puzzle, nor rarely the time. I commend those of you who do!

I did just get a 447... 18 seconds...

Still, doesn't make up for the fact that I had to let a puzzle go last night, losing my 100% success rate.

Comment

puzzle

a few months ago ... I hit one that I couldn't figure out... maybe Sandburg... "A poem is an echo waiting to dance"... something like that... I messed around with it for 20 minutes then went to bed... then came down and solved it .. after 48 minutes... got 10 points but preserved the 100%... i have gotten it again ... and it only took a few minutes to remember it.

Comment

WooHoo!! A new goal. I use both the keyboard and the mouse so it's going to take some doing. Great Job >^..^<

Comment

Highest score

Tonight I hit 447 for an 18 second puzzle. Can't imagine I'll get a better score.

Comment

"A bore is a man who has nothing to say and says it anyway. "
                          — Unattributed

Congratulations!
                          You solved this cryptogram in 30 seconds. That's worth 445 points!

This Cryptogram's Statistics
                          Success Rate: 29.9%
                          Average Time: 112 seconds
                          Your Time: 30 seconds
                          Performance: Above Average

I have been watching and do not think I have had a better score, yet.

Comment

Great Job !!

Congratulations on those scores. I've seen 447 on a few very rare occasions (considering how much time I spend here) but have never managed anything higher.

I just noticed the bell curve for the first time tonight. It's a really neat feature, and I'm wondering how long it's been there. (When I was still living with my parents, one night I noticed the kitchen was a different color. Then I found out it had been that way for months.)

And by the way, it took me almost an hour to figure out this one:
                            Jove but laughs at lover's perjury.

This site is killing me. I'm up half the night trying to finish the work I should have been doing instead of cryptograms.

Comment

Wow

I leave town for a week and come back in the bottom 50 (of course) but look at all the new features. The Bell Curve, who solved the most quickly, and even a chat room. WOOHOO.

I am glad Digirl is fine.

I like the post about haven't reached 447 yet. I like the yet.

Gotta go, it will take me most of the rest of the month to get out of the hole. (*.*)

Comment

Working...
                              X