Embarrassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bansai

You may be right, though there may always be a few. I solved one with a completion rate of like 6.7% and an average time of something like 600+ seconds, though admittedly someone already had the best time on that down under 60 seconds. Wasn't me though - took me more like 460. Still better than average, but pretty dreadful.

Since I only break 30 seconds about 10% of the time, I envy your speed.

Comment

something to tackle

maradnu, I'm not sure I've come across that one, and I usually skip over the really tough cryptograms like a slacker. Sometimes, however, I have a flash of great insight and I find I have set a record time of thirty-two seconds when the former time was seventy-nine. Many others within this forum seem to have similar momentary flashes of insight. I am surprised to see that there are at least a few others who have equalled 11 seconds. I look forward to a time when one of us will break the 9-second barrier.

Comment

Flashes of insight

I may be wrong but I think I saw 9 seconds recently. I should have paid more attention to who it was.

You're so right about those flashes of insight. Today it took me over 300 seconds to solve another one I had the record time for. Sometimes recognizing one word quickly pretty much helps you to solve the whole thing. But if you don't recognize that one word right away, you're stuck going down a different path to the solution.

Comment

AMelodyofJuly Record Solve 9 Seconds!!

I just came across the incredible fast solve again.

"Where there is no imagination there is no horror. "
          — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

9 seconds (AMelodyofJuly)

Kudos to AMelodyofJuly!!! Very impressive.

Comment

Working...
          X