Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other free onlines games do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freecell.net

...draining workplace productivity since 1996.

(unpaid, unsolicited advertisement)

Am I the only freecell junkie on board?

Between these two sites, it's a wonder I have time to sleep, eat or brush my teeth.

I love both games (they use different mental skills). Both are hosted by awesome geeks who have considerable personal investment in their respective web sites. Both men (Stephen and Denny) know their users and answer queries promptly. Both have substantial expertise and spend a ton of time tweaking and improving their games. It shows.

These days I spend more time reading the political discussions at freecell.net than playing the game. That should change after our upcoming elections (U.S.) when my candidates will have lost (undoubtedly) and I will be looking to drown my sorrows in addictive 'puter game abuse.

Oh, and I am sure digirl has earned many mentions in Stephen's book.

Andrea

Comment

I'm a Free Cell junkie also!

Comment

Cool.

I hang at 8x5 (easy) trying to make a 500-game streak (not so easy).

Most folks play 8x4 (standard game) -- would it be time to move on?

Oh, well! See you, Whatever... wherever, whenever!

(do I resemble Sarah Palin?)

Comment

Freecell

I like freecell, though I would not call myself a junkie. I have always played the freecell game that comes on windows pcs when I have to use one. I've never played it online though.

Comment

How can I tell?

(do I resemble Sarah Palin?)
            I really couldn't say. You never posted a profile picture.

Comment

Here's winking at you, kid...

Does that help?

Comment

Huh

So you're saying you look like Ilsa Lund? (Ingrid Bergman)

Comment

So you're saying you look like Ilsa Lund?
                  By golly, you betcha! In my dreams...

Guess I might at least complete my profile? Someday. Doing a forum profile feels like filling out a job app -- though with the economy tanking and the latest dismal news on retail sales, a little practice might not hurt.

Suffice to say I'm older than you, Mr. B. But not old enough to remember Bogart and Bergman and Bacall on the big screen.

And though I'm quite sure you did not miss it... the operative word above was "wink." Gosh dang it all.

Comment

At the moment my work-avoidance is mainly on this site or wordtwist and I also potter around on funtrivia.com. Someone mentioned kakuro upthread - have you seen kakuroconquest.com? I got quite into it last year but I haven't done any for a while.

Basically anything which keeps the brain from seizing up is good, but I've been doing cryptograms since I was a kid doing puzzles in my mum's Tough Puzzles magazine and I haven't got tired of them yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X