Special Guest Voice Characterizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's A Small World After All

So Laura, do you now or have you ever worked for IBM? When I was a young man in the '60s, I lived in Saugerties, the town where Woodstock II was held. My daddy worked for IBM in Poughkeepsie & Kingston. At one time, I lived in a Florida town where there were over 10,000 IBM employees. I have run into a number of people here in Florida who lived in the same neighborhood I did 4 decades ago.

Comment

Small world after all!!

Bansai, yes I have worked at IBM. Once for a year when I first moved up to this area, I worked at the East Fishkill plant (down the road from where I live right now).

Also, a few years ago I worked as a technical writer at the IBM Watson Research Center in Westchester County. At the Yorktown site I wrote the documentation and help files for IBM's Supply Chain Simulator, and at the Hawthorne site for Hotmedia, a web authoring tool. This area is crawling with IBM-ers, although not nearly as many as there used to be.

And although I don't think I've ever been in Saugerties, I've been to Woodstock many times, and drive past the Poughkeepsie IBM plant all the time.

Comment

<<<<< Phillies fan by default. The men I live with are die-hards!

Comment

Working...
        X