Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know, thanks Stephen!

Comment

I'm confused. I've just encountered the 2nd puzzle which is one of these newly added ones, but where somebody got there before me and beat my score. (That isn't what confused/surprised me.) It's just that in that case, I would think there would be a Top 20 list with that person's score showing up on it - that person who's the current record holder. But I've now seen two puzzles where there is no top 20 list with that top scorer appearing in it as Home Stephen? I'm wondering if there's a glitch? (Maybe there has to be more than one person who solved before for the list to appear?) I will try to post a screen shot in a follow-up comment, in case that helps.

Comment

Screenshot: image.png

Comment

Fudi, you must have missed Stephen's prior post when hrossa asked that very same question. He said the top 20 will show up after 5 registered players have solved a quote.

Comment

Oh, thanks, Deanna - I did miss that!

Comment

Yeahhh I just set my first record in months!!!

Comment

Just wondering...has anyone seen a top 20 chart for any of the new quotes yet? I wonder how long it will take to get 5 solves on these.

Comment

Best guess - at the current rate - is that it will take at least another 4-6 weeks before Top Solvers start displaying on any of the new quotes, and another 4-6 weeks or so after that before almost all of them are showing.
                  If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for adding more puzzles, Stephen! It sure makes it fun to see the Baron more often.

Comment

Absolutely agree, Eureka.

Comment

image.png
                          Just saw my first top 20 chart for the new puzzles! Or, in this case, 6.​

Comment

Just saw my second!

Comment

I just finished one of the recent batch:
                              "It's a funny thing, character, the way it brands people as they age, rising from within to leave its scar."
                              — Kate Morton

You solved this cryptogram in 79 seconds. That's worth 286 points!​
                              8. Herby July 20, 2023 55 sec.
                              9. ricknindy July 29, 2023 84 sec.

This is the first time I could actually see myself in the Top 10, so why don't I?

Comment

Because you won't until the next time you solve the same puzzle. Updates are not instant.

Comment

Working...
                                X