Quotable Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotable Comments

I was just writing a comment and was quite pleased with a bit I put in and wondered if somebody would respond to that bit. It made me wonder how many people have come across comments that are much more profound than the original quote and are worthy of quote status on its own. I'm hoping this will become a long lasting topic that people add to now and then, not a 'flash in the pan' with a bunch of generic replies and then dies out. I'm not going to include my original bit because it isn't profound enough to be included here, plus it would take too much to explain and add context.

A forum thread for the profound wisdom of commenters! There's definitely a lot of wisdom among this community. Wonderful idea.

Comment

I found one. I've seen better, but hopefully, this will get the ball rolling.

Original Quote:
      "Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy. " — Wayne Dyer

Comment:
      "Sometimes it is better to screw up tomorrow than to screw up today." — Wordigo​

Comment

Anyone who has read a few of imsoeasy's comments will know that he holds some strong opinions. His response to this satirical quote is very moving.

"Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all." — Georg Lichtenberg

imsoeasy
        December 2, 2019, 9:50 pm
        The splash I make diving into a sea of troubles is mostly known only to me, and if that sea then drowns me, it will still roar on.​

Comment

I agree, wonderful comment.

Comment

Working...
          X