No announcement yet.

Server issues and warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bansai, that problem isn't happening to me, and I think we're on similar computers and browsers. Mac Leopard & Safari for you too?

Comment

Just discovered the problem, Stephen. It seems to be unique to the Comodo Dragon browser, but I never had this problem before the change. I just used Maxthon and Sea Monkey, and they're working just fine. Sorry to jump the gun.

Comment

Bansai, Your speed in solving cryptograms without any known letter astonishes me. What is your i.q., and what else is your secret? Maggiemouse

Comment

well...

If I were to tell my IQ here in the forum, I would feel like a certain type of hygiene product.

My darkest secret is that I frequently use lame humor to divert people from the fact that I'm just a meager 108.

Comment

The only thing IQ tests measure is how well a person does on tests like that. A person can take tests like that again and again, and improve their "intelligence." The tests were never meant to be a difinitive measure of intelligence: they were designed to predict success in school. But, people are infatuated with the idea that they can nail down a person's intelligence with a single number. In reality, it's not that stupidly easy.

Comment

It also gives us some breathing room for adding new features down the line.
              Maybe the mailbox returning up at the top?
              or or or even...

Possibly showing our current rank in the monthly stats on the
              my score page, even?? Because it would be great to see where
              you are before you hit the board at a 100th.

Oh and and and, fixing the discrepancy between the time in "my scores"
              to the time on the board. Its off by a tenth. Thats just a round up thingie I know that
              but yanno if yer in there dickerin around you could give it a tweak.
              Please.

Thanks Stephen. Site is running much faster.
              Appreciate the hard work.

Comment

I second the mailbox and monthly ranking. I'm actually starting to like the mismatched times. It means that, when I go into the official rankings, I'm faster than I thought I was. Like keeping your car's clock set a minute or two ahead so you won't be late for work.

Comment

Whatever the secret ingredient is, I would like some.

Comment

The secret ingredient is...

shhhh...

perserverance.

TA DA

Comment

Special sauce

Actually, the secret is acupuncture, followed by a mud bath with a cucumber facial, chanting "Nom myoho renge kyo" while listening to the Turangalila Symphony on your iPod while the moon is in Scorpio.

(bansaisequoia's IQ has just slipped to 106)

Comment

So, there is a "slip" in straight linear logic when one thinks in a "creative" logical way?

Comment

Bansai?

Whut if ya dont gots one of them thar fancee Ipod deevices
                          ken i listen to my transistor radio instead??

It only gets one station. Country.
                          Can y'all tell?

now whoa nelly ...not that thar's nuffin wrong abowt country.
                          no siree billybob i dint mean to say there wuz.
                          cuz i got the facial muck on me im chanting them thar
                          funny wurds but danged if i ken find the Trumangila simfony
                          anywhars on this here lil bitty thing.

(heatstroke, sorry folks)

Comment

I love this forum.. people have actually heard of the Turangalila Symphonie. Now, who owns an ondes Martenot?

Comment

not me

Comment

Working...
                              X