No announcement yet.

Cryptograms.org Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site seems almost "normal" this evening. Still a few seconds of lag time loading, but less than it was. Almost always "solves" quickly, but occ small lag time on that end. The past few hours of playing has been more fun than for the past several weeks! Kudos, and many thanks, for working on this problem. Thanks, Stephen.

Comment

An addendum to my last note: I just solved a crypto in about 30-34 secs at most....and hit "check it" and got NO response. FInally got it to "go" at 110 secs after several attempts. So all problems are not entirely fixed, and I'm darned frustrated.

Comment

Your post above came in just moments after a brief (<1 minute) downtime caused by server techs who were investigating the slowdown issue. They still say they see no issues on the server, but they did make a slight change to Apache, and this may have had some effect. Preliminary tests on my end show a significant speed up of the "Connecting..." phase of http requests.

Let's see if this has any effect for those still seeing slow load times.

Comment

I am seeing significant improvement today.

I don't believe I've experienced any slowdowns in the past couple hours.

Comment

Glad to hear it! All the tests I've run as of this morning are showing significant connection-time improvement across multiple sites on this server. I think we may finally have found the cause.

Comment

Significant improvement today....Yahoo!

Comment

It's much better today, maybe even back to normal. Thanks, Stephen.

Comment

OMgosh, FINALLY this afternoon, things seem normalish. I'm thrilled . Thanks so much.

Comment

Very slow to load, and I do play for speed.

It's too bad that the ads ruin a great site here.

Comment

i just mentioned in the chat box this morning that though it's a little pricey, subscribing to the 'premium membership' so i don't get ads is really worth it. it's just so peaceful to have a clean puzzle screen with nothing 'yellling' at me. and there's no downside, unless you count being spoiled!

(http://www.cryptograms.org/premium.php)

Comment

Working...
                      X