No announcement yet.

100 percenters anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 times this month i have seen a 100 percenter losing record and being restored to 100% next day,this seems curious

Comment

if you go to recent games, you have up to 24 hours to retry a puzzle

Comment

I've had to go back and retry puzzles hours later or even the next day when the site has gone down or I've had Comcast outages or sometimes when I've had to get up from the computer (usually to deal with kids) and ended up getting distracted and forgetting I had a live puzzle going. I'm glad I can go back and restore my pathological need to get 100%, but it does demolish your average time.

Comment

I'm Sloe and I'm a 100%-er

Still addicted to 100% solve rate and this is me backsliding further into the abyss

I do have a few 100% trophies now but my average solve time is almost always above 240 sec. I have noticed I get anonymously recognized when I have the highest time spent on a quote, I reset that number at the right end of the bell curve. I've done that more times than I would like to admit. My goals now are 100% solve rate while staying under the high-water mark on the bell curve for solve time of each quote.

And this group has only made my 100%'ers addiction seem acceptable. I suppose I'll have to look elsewhere if I really want a cure.

I do agree there should be an elite award for the 100%'ers with an average solve rate lower than 30 sec. This makes them the true crypto-gods as far as I'm concerned and I am not worthy to be in the same 100%'ers top 20 as them.

Comment

I always try for 100 percent. If I get stuck on a quote I will walk away for a while, even for hours. It always works, but my solve times are high.

Comment

I would rather solve them all than have a fast solve time. OK, I'd rather have both, but to not solve a puzzle would make me crazy.

I know that something happened this month---I must have opened a second tab and a puzzle came up that I didn't know about?? Something like that, maybe. So, I lost my 100%. But then I looked at my overall solve rate, and it said that there have been about 30 puzzles I didn't solve. I don't see how that can be true?! I may be slow in more ways than one, but I think I'd remember 30 puzzles.

Comment

Queethebean

Do you check your recent games and monthly scores very often? I've regularly seen double loads, where it shows I've "gotten" a puzzle that I never saw. I try to check every ten puzzles or so, but have slipped up and had some go 15 or 20 minutes or more before I caught it and did the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by maradnu View Post
                  Do you check your recent games and monthly scores very often? I've regularly seen double loads, where it shows I've "gotten" a puzzle that I never saw. I try to check every ten puzzles or so, but have slipped up and had some go 15 or 20 minutes or more before I caught it and did the puzzle.
                  for several months I was getting a double load every other game, I replaced my mouse, now no more double loads

Comment

I used to get double loads when I used the touchpad on my laptop. When I use a mouse, they very rarely occur (usually only when there is a glitch on the site). I still check my solving rate every few quotes, though, just to be sure.

Comment

Yeah, if you want the 100%, you need to check your recent games every day for double loads, just to be safe.

I'm going for 100% this month, but as a result, my average solving time is terrible. I'm amazed by people like nanrich, rotorguru, twskinner, and annamariah -- they get 100% and are about three times faster! I guess I should have learned to type properly when I was young.

Comment

--though I should add, just fast typing alone wouldn't do it. Some puzzles just take time! A 100% solving rate with an average time in the twenty-second range is amazing.

Comment

Huh--I guess I am double-loading! I do try to check, but not frequently enough. I just checked & there were two unfinished! Could def. be my mouse or keyboard. The cat got on the keyboard and wrecked my N key. I have to press extra hard. Or try to type words that avoid the use of that letter. (Which the previous sentence did . . . I had to think about it, though.)

But I digress. . .

Comment

Working...
                          X