Notable Rock Star quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notable Rock Star quotes

They don't even have to deceased (recently or otherwise). But with the hard losses we've had in the opening weeks of 2016, here for a little while we can post some of our favorite quotes from some of our favorite musicians. I'll start off with David and Glenn, and my favorite, Lowell George who died in 1979...

"I don't know where I'm going, but I promise it won't be boring." - David Bowie

"Bands are always like that. Tell me a group that doesn't hate each other and I'll show you a group that's really bad." - Lowell George

"Hey, I didn't make a big deal out of "Hotel California." The 18 million people that bought it did."- Glenn Frey

I know I made a big deal out it... still kinda do some 40 years later.

Losses in the New Year

I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human...David Bowie

Except for a few guitar chords, everything I've learned in my life that is of any value I've learned from women...Glenn Frey

and simply because I wonder how the heck this guy is still with us lol...

I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police...Keith Richards

Comment

We're more popular than Jesus now. John Lennon

Pretty stupid of Lennon, in my opinion.

Comment

also, let's throw in an actor i'll miss...

i want to include some alan quotes here--i loved his acting and his great speaking voice!

I get stage fright and gremlins in my head saying: 'You're going to forget your lines'.
        Alan Rickman

I do feel more myself in America. I can regress there, and they have roller-coaster parks.
        Alan Rickman

Comment

Thanks wvwoman. Those were great quotes.

I guess people either love, Love Actually, or they hate it. I love it. I think of him more as
          "Harry" than "Severus Snape".

Glenn Frey
          : We set out to be a band for our time. But sometimes if you do a good enough job, you become a band for all time.

Glen
          again: Except of a few guitar chords, everything in my life, that is of any value I've learned from a woman. (Now I see that one was already posted. It's a good one though, so I'll leave it.)

Great thread, Barnabas.

Comment

Working...
          X