Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do some people solve these cryptograms so fast? Is Bansais a robot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you might recognize a puzzle that you'd seen half a dozen times before and it might help you solve it more quickly. But to actually make a copy of a quote and then pull it up from reference? That would make your time SLOWER, not faster.

BTW, I just broke one of Bansai's record a few weeks ago. By ONE SECOND! First time I'd beaten one of his. There's a reason he's so fast. Like Tony's Frosted Flakes, he's GREAT!!!

Comment

I think I'm actually an anomaly. As I solve and the solution starts to emerge, I enjoy "making it last!" I especially like the ones where there is a word or two that makes sense in both the incorrect and the correct way, because it takes more cogitating.

Comment

since i have the reflexes of a manatee, i don't concern myself with speed

Comment

Speed

I am not as fast as bansai or nanrich or some of the very fast people. Even so, I've done a few puzzles as fast as 10 seconds.

Now I do have a collection of cryptos that have given me problems in the past. When I have to look at that list it usually takes me around 60 seconds, even if I check pretty quickly. I can't imagine getting a super fast speed if I have to look at my list to tell me how to solve it.

Comment

$5 says they found a glitch in the system and they can pause the time.

Work it offline. Figure out the letter orders to finish it quick, then when they set the time back, they type it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SecndShot View Post
              $5 says they found a glitch in the system and they can pause the time.

Work it offline. Figure out the letter orders to finish it quick, then when they set the time back, they type it out.
              Where's the eyerolling emoji when you need it?

Go find the thread with all the solve videos in it. We're not cheaters.

Comment

Well, I looked on youtube and didn't find anything, but if there is proof and people are seeing it, then I stand corrected. Good thing I only put down $5......

Still would like to see a video of someone finishing them so fast, would be entertaining....

Comment

Actually, there is a video of bansai completing a puzzle somewhere among the different forums. I've seen it, but someone else will have to find it for you. He's speedy, but he's not the only one. I've actually had about 50 solves under 10 seconds, with 7 seconds being my fastest time. So if I can do it, anyone else can. bansai, nanrich, and a dozen others break records all the time. And NO ONE, not me or anyone else, has a cheat program to do it.

Comment

Still would like to see a video of someone finishing them so fast, would be entertaining....
                    Here you go... :-)

A sample of a solver on cryptograms.org. If you put your mind to it, you can solve cryptos in as little as 5 seconds. Just ask Tony Robbins.

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

The commentary on the above youtube video is priceless. Bansaisequoia is hilarious. The part about injecting anabolic steroids in his fingers makes me laugh every time.

Comment

Well, I looked on youtube and didn't find anything, but if there is proof and people are seeing it, then I stand corrected. Good thing I only put down $5......

SecndShot, read the original post in this thread. It's a full response to your doubts, complete with links.

Comment

Originally posted by LLapp View Post

SecndShot, read the original post in this thread. It's a full response to your doubts, complete with links.
                          An admin posted a link above yours. Dude is fast.....

Comment

I'm not that fast, and even I've managed to get a bunch of 10-12 second solves. Still can't break 10 seconds though.

Comment

For anyone interested - here's some more cryptogram solving from a non-robot. If there is demand for it, I'd be happy to post a longer video or something.

Last edited by lacrossesticks; 03-16-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Wow, lacrossesticks, how can you stand to keep playing and not stop to read the comments?!

Comment

Working...
                                X