Testing new game board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen,

I finally experienced the new feature for incomplete puzzles; a little window reminder instead of going to a whole new page. This saved a lot of time for me to resume the puzzle. Thanks.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Just a note to the few people who have said the new game board is completely unresponsive when they click/tap on it... please try now, I've reworked some code which may fix that issue. Thanks!

Comment

As I wrote to Stephen in a PM, I've RARELY solved from the beginning of a quote. I looked for a sequence that I recognized and then went to familiar letter usages. So I was VERY apprehensive about this new board. However, I really think I'm liking it a LOT! I like that it highlights in pink the incorrect letter, and the "unused letters" at the bottom seem to be very accurate. Also, it MIGHT actually be saving me a few seconds!
        So, thank you Admin :-D

Comment

A moment after I wrote this, the "pink" was gone! So I guess you're still tweaking it Stephen?

Comment

I did make a code tweak last night but it should not have changed that feature. What browser and operating system are you using, if it is still not highlighting double letters for you?

Comment

i have windows 10 and use firefox....and the pink/red is still gone. Now it's just yellow where the cursor is.

Comment

Well, maybe I''m wrong. I just intentionally misused a letter and it did highlight in pink! It's hard for me to believe that I haven't made that same mistake since yesterday, but perhaps that's the case.

Comment

At present in the statistics block it provides Success Rate; Ave. Time; Record Time: Your Time and Either "Below Average" or "Above Average". May I suggest that following "your Time" you insert the rank shown by the star on the bell curve. It could be shown in the color of the curve section. That way we could see "Fast" or "Very Fast" on occasion.

Comment

Also, Stephen, I really like the automatic cursor advance when I (frequently have to) use the backspace key. Nice touch!
                    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It's back now.

Comment

Hypertext for links in comments!

Stephen, I just stumbled on yet another nice new feature: you've shortened the long URLs that we sometimes put in our quote comments down to the simple hypertext word "Link" -- much cleaner for reading AND it's clickable! Yay!!

Thanks for all these great updates!

Lisa

Comment

Agree with Llapp. It's nice to see the links shortened.

Comment

Working...
                          X