Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New quotes added

Hi everyone -

Just a quick note to let everyone know we've added about a large set of new quotes to the puzzle database today. These will show up with no solving statistics at the end of your puzzle for a while, until we get enough solve data to start crunching average solve times, difficulty ratings, etc.

Apart from that it should be business as usual, but if you notice anything strange or buggy in any of the new quotes please let me know.

Thanks!
    Stephen

Thanks, Stephen. I have run across two of them in the last few minutes and have claimed the "record" time for both. As I stated in one of the comment sections, my self-esteem has been resurrected!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

New quotes added

Yes, thank you Stephen. This is great. I have encountered several already over the last hour or so.

Comment

New quotes

I've gotten a few of the new ones. Unlike Monty, no records for me.

Comment

Maradnu, if it doesn't have a record listed, I claim it. Feel free to do the same. Rebel a little!
          "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

To make it a bit more fun I've opened up the new quotes for statistics, so that you can set new records on them right away. Enjoy!

Comment

Thank you Stephen for the new quotes. I just set a 9 second record on one of the new ones. I haven't set a record in ages.

Comment

New Quotes! All I can say is Praise the Lord! (and the administrator)

Comment

New quotes

I've since managed to get a half dozen records, all of which will shortly be broken, I'm sure.

Comment

Yes!

I just got my first record! So exciting! I know - with a new quote, it's not that big an accomplishment ... but still, I'm very excited. It was a 24 second record ... so, not too shabby, I suppose.

Comment

several new records came my way today. What a thrill. I pick red for my shiny new corvette! Thanks, Baron, Baby!

Comment

At the current rate it looks like every new quote will have a real-world record set for it within about 2 weeks, so enjoy the record-setting bonanza while it lasts. :-)

Comment

I have seen a couple of the new puzzles also, and like montyb, I'll claim the fastest time, at least for now. The only problem is, I now feel like I have a bullseye on my back for bansai, nanrich, and some of the others who solve these cryptograms in unbelievable times.

Comment

I'm never going to break a standing record, so this is fun, indeed. Nothing lasts forever, so forget about that bullseye.

Comment

Admin, how many puzzles are now in the database? I've tried searching the site for a number but can't find anything...

Comment

Working...
                              X