No announcement yet.

Quote rating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had two Handey quotes today. Both got a stupid face. I expect to give out several to him.

Comment

What happened to ratings of difficult or easy? Not so long ago, Admin changed the ratings...and therefore the number of points earned...of MANY quotes based on how folks rated them on this scale. If things are to progress, shouldn't this rating be returned? It seems incongruous to me that Admin would make changes based on this and then eliminate it completely with a desire to add emoticons. Those emoticons may appeal to a younger base of users. And that's OK, but why eliminate something that seemed to change so much, so profoundly?
      Quotes that used to rate 100 points are now worth 450...and vice versa. WHY would you use that data and then eliminate the "question" that caused those changes??

Comment

Originally posted by gryhnd51 View Post
        What happened to ratings of difficult or easy? Not so long ago, Admin changed the ratings...and therefore the number of points earned...of MANY quotes based on how folks rated them on this scale. If things are to progress, shouldn't this rating be returned? It seems incongruous to me that Admin would make changes based on this and then eliminate it completely with a desire to add emoticons. Those emoticons may appeal to a younger base of users. And that's OK, but why eliminate something that seemed to change so much, so profoundly?
        Quotes that used to rate 100 points are now worth 450...and vice versa. WHY would you use that data and then eliminate the "question" that caused those changes??
        it's still there--it moved to the bottom of the statistics box.

Comment

Thanks....stupid me! Maybe instead of glasses I just need a new brain!

Comment

Originally posted by gryhnd51 View Post
            Thanks....stupid me! Maybe instead of glasses I just need a new brain!
            haha! (it was a great rant, though!)
            i'm missing the place below the stats and ratings where the quotation was repeated--i referred to it often when leaving a comment and/or a rating.

Comment

Originally posted by wvwoman View Post
              i'm missing the place below the stats and ratings where the quotation was repeated--i referred to it often when leaving a comment and/or a rating.
              I agree with wvwoman about repeating the quote below the stats & above the ratings. It's useful in both places -- at top for initial solution view, and lower down for reference while commenting or rating. Without the repeat, I scroll up and down to refer back to it . . . because I am old and my short-term memory is blissfully self-erasing.

Oh - also, having the quote in view is probably what helps us keep our comments related to the quote. When it comes to staying on topic, we need all the help we can get.

Comment

Working...
              X