There's no cheating going on ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no cheating going on ---

I don't understand why so many people are thinking that others are cheating because they are getting better scores. I don't know how anyone would cheat - you just have to understand that a lot of us have been doing this for a long time so we are able to get the quotes faster. Instead of thinking that people are cheating, just pay attention to what you are doing and the longer you do it, the better you will be.

Some folks say it is possible to cheat. Whether or not that's true, I just saw a word in a puzzle that I didn't do very well, that when I clicked on it to get the meaning the message appeared: "it's not in my lexicon". Then why is it allowed in the game???

Comment

I wanted to figure out how people might cheat as well. I found out there are websites out there that will solve the 5X5 word puzzles against a dictionary. Type in the letters in your puzzle and Voila you're guaranteed the longest words in the puzzle.

Comment

I can only speak to logic puzzles. When I saw this claim of cheating years ago, I logged off and devised a couple of ways to cheat. So, there are ways to cheat without using other websites. I also found myself getting insanely fast times when I shouldn't have gotten those times. I [played for a while since the site had been changed before this happened. I thought it would correct itself. When it didn't correct in a timely manner, I alerted Admin. I never got any response, so I stopped playing for more than a year, since it wasn't fun anymore. One day I played a puzzle and the time was at least close to being correct as I hadn't timed it. The problem never came back. Just because we can't think of ways that people cheat doesn't mean they aren't cheating. I also figured out how another player was cheating. So, that's 3 ways to cheat that I know of. Don't even ask how. I won't share them.

Comment

By cheating, we are losing the whole sense.

Comment

Working...
          X