Non-words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-words

10 points for "broast" which is "not in our dictionary!" How does this happen!?

I don' know, but they should take those types of things out.

Comment

But it is a word. It's went you roast your bro :P
      The Mongoose sees all. The Mongoose knows all. The Mongoose tells all. And the Mongoose forgets all.

Comment

"broast" (I agree, not a dictionary word), but at least it turns up some hits in a duckduckgo search (it's a commercial made-up term for a certain way of cooking chicken)

... unlike: suceptible* suceptibleness* suceptiblenesses *

(should be "susceptible" etc.) (note the beginning 'susc', not 'suc')

The board looked like this (note that the correctly-spelled versions of this word don't occur in this board):

ussie
        ceesn
        selem
        ptbhe
        dinje

but points were given for all three forms of the non-existent word (at least, I couldn't find it any of the first three dictionaries I looked at).

Am I taking crazy pills?

Is this a new aspect in the game: you have to think about trying mis-spelled versions of the words if you want to find the longest word in a board?

== "there are no incorrect equations on my whiteboard" [Leslie Winkle]

Comment

Just seeing this- I agree that there are craaazy non-words on tap here. Either outright ridiculous, or things that are almost right, but not quite. I haven't kept a list but maybe I'll start...

Comment

This thread is posted under the "General Discussion" forum so most users won't see it unless they log in and click on this forum. That's what I did today when I logged out to use another one of my ID's, thinkbig_aka_lalatan, and then logged in again. I check the "remember me" feature when I login so I stay logged in for a year. (Probably many others use it too.) If you want to find out about WordTwist issues, you should log into the WordTwist forum. It's at the bottom of the forum page when you log in or you can use and/or bookmark this link:
            https://forum.puzzlebaron.com/forum/...aron/wordtwist

There have been LOTS of discussions about missing words etc. We veterans are basically sick-to-death of newbies griping about missing words etc. (just being honest) for years without reading any of the volumes of info already posted on the topic. Now we don't even comment on such posts. Missing words used to bother me somewhat when I started out but now it doesn't matter to me if a word is in lexic.us or not. If a word isn't accepted, I go onto the next one. WordTwist is by far the most challenging and interesting Boggle game on the internet and most of us play it for free! Lexic.us is not a part of the WordTwist website. The wordlists you see at the end of the game are linked to Lexis. Quick summary: WordTwist primarily uses Collins Scrabble Words 2019 (CSW19) for words 3-15 letters long and YAWL dictionary for longer words. That's why a word can be accepted in WordTwist but not show up lexic.us. Stephen, the administrator of the Puzzle Baron website has said in a post that every word in lexis.us will be valid in WordTwist by the end of this year. Here's an example of what he's up against:

https://forum.puzzlebaron.com/forum/...lues#post29412
            Last edited by lalatan; 07-09-2022, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Ok, I was wrong about vets not replying to dictionary questions. Recently it seems there are some still willing to do so. I will gladly leave it to them...

Comment

Working...
              X