New Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kodee View Post
    Hints stopped working, giving “”undefined (120 sec. penalty)”.
    I've got a couple of other people saying the same thing, but try as I might I can't seem to replicate it here. A few questions:

1. What device and browser are you using? PC, Mac, tablet, iPhone, etc. / Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.

2. Does this happen on every hint request? If not, do you notice any pattern of when it might happen vs. not happen?

There's definitely an issue here I just can't seem to replicate it so far. Once I can reliably make it happen here I will be able to figure out what's causing it.

Thanks for your help!

Stephen
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I’m on an iPad, iOS 12.1.4 using Safari. First hint usually works, then it seems random when it doesn’t work.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the star! I love the new font. I think it's much easier on the eyes and makes it easier to read the clues. Thanks for all your hard work in bringing us so much puzzle fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kodee View Post
          I’m on an iPad, iOS 12.1.4 using Safari. First hint usually works, then it seems random when it doesn’t work.
          Thanks Kodee - I've added some debug code now that should hopefully capture when this error occurs and email me some diagnostic information. Let's see.
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

This is dumb, and not at all urgent/important. Just a note that may only pertain to those of us who play more than one kind of puzzle -- On my logic scores page, it says "numbergrid" and on my word find scores page, it says something else I haven't played. Again, not important, but thought I'd point it out while we're all still paying attention.

Comment

Thanks for catching that! I've fixed it on several sites - what is the "word find scores page" you're referring to? If its Reverse Word Search, I've fixed it there, too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                Thanks for catching that! I've fixed it on several sites - what is the "word find scores page" you're referring to? If its Reverse Word Search, I've fixed it there, too. Thanks!
                yes - it was word search and reverse word search -- not "word finding" (brain is very tired today) Thanks!

Comment

Thanks so much for all the work put in on migrating to a new server... very smooth considering the challenges that can be involved, so kudos! I assume a decision was made to not include avatars on the High Score list in the Monthly Competition. Having avatars in there made it easy to find my place in the top 100 list. Was there a plan in place to eventually add avatars back to that list? Nothing urgent, just curious. Thanks again for the improvements!

Comment

Hi Janana - I plan to work on that in a future update. Glad you're enjoying the improvements!

Thanks for playing,
                    Stephen

Comment

I've made a tweak to the global font settings now - please let me know if it is any better for you.

You can get back to Logic Puzzles from the forum via the blue "Logic Puzzles" image/link at the top of every page. I don't love this solution however and will be looking into a better way to incorporate everything and make navigation easier.

Thanks!
                      I also am having a hard time with the new font. I don't suppose we can get the old one back?

-Simonz

Comment

I've made a tweak to the global font settings now - please let me know if it is any better for you.

You can get back to Logic Puzzles from the forum via the blue "Logic Puzzles" image/link at the top of every page. I don't love this solution however and will be looking into a better way to incorporate everything and make navigation easier.

Thanks!
                        I do not see a blue "Logic Puzzles" image on the forum pages at all. I end up having to close the site and reenter to get back to the puzzles.

Comment

Hints seem to be working again now, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by act_now View Post

I do not see a blue "Logic Puzzles" image on the forum pages at all. I end up having to close the site and reenter to get back to the puzzles.
                            It’s among the group of images for all the puzzle types, just above the title of this thread. Do you have an ad blocker that might be blocking them by mistake?

Comment

I always did the exact same number of puzzles at once, one of each size and difficulty, so my stats by size always had the same number of puzzles listed as played (and all of them solved) but now I see different numbers for played in each size which must be inaccurate.

Comment

Some stats were lost during the migration of each site to the new server, on average about 1-2 days worth of solve data. All numbers should be good going forward. Sorry for the confusion!

Comment

Working...
                                X