Solving Tips and Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solving Tips and Tricks

I'm currently working on putting together a solving tutorial showing the main techniques most often used to solve Star Battle puzzles, but while that's still in the works I thought it might be helpful to start a thread here where people can post some of their favorite tips/tricks.

I'll get the ball rolling with The Rule of 2x2. This rule applies to all star battles (1 star, 2 star, 3 star, etc.), but is generally most useful for 2-star and 3-star puzzles.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

The Rule of 2x2

In essence, the rule states that only one star can ever be placed in any square group of 2x2 boxes. This rule exists because of the "no stars touching" requirement, it makes it absolutely impossible to ever fit more than one star in any 2x2 area. Here's a visual explainer from our upcoming tutorial:
    screen01.png

screen02.png

screen04.png

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

My tip: You can click and drag to fill a row/column with dots. !!!!!
      I've done 924 puzzles & didn't know this. !!!!
      I'm notoriously bad at reading directions; perhaps it says that in the instructions already, but I didn't read it. ;) :D :D :D

Comment

Something to add onto that-
        So when you drag a line of dots across, make one of the dots a star. Let go, repress the star, and drag across the unwanted dots. It should delete them.
        Idk how it works on computer.
        Last edited by canhgealinnag333; 11-20-2022, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canhgealinnag333 View Post
          Something to add onto that-
          So when you drag a line of dots across, make one of the dots a star. Let go, repress the star, and drag across the unwanted dots. It should delete them.
          Idk how it works on computer.
          This works with mouse-click also. Great tip, especially when you accidentally drag a whole row of dots across valid squares because you can't always draw a straight line (or your cat jumps on your computer desk, heh heh). :D

Comment

Working...
          X