Hint help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hint help

I was doing this puzzle and i've made a mistake somewhere likely... would that mistake lead to a hint being inaccurate? Looking at this in process puzzle here, it seems to me that even if the square was a star, orthogonal orientation in the identified in shape G is intact (bottom left and far right in a line separated by a square). I know im missing something. what is it?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi N1ghtChicken -

The hint is correct but not worded in a very helpful way. If the highlighted box was a star, it would leave only one possible way to put 3 stars in the purple shape (G), and this placement would eliminate ALL squares in that purple shape in row #11. Since there is only one other remaining empty square in row #11 (green), that would mean only two total stars could be placed in row #11, which would be invalid for a 3-star puzzle. (This is why the hint says "validly place", though I agree, it is not giving quite enough information here to explain the logic.) Therefore the highlighted square cannot be a star.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Yes of course. Thank you very much.

Comment

Have another one of these hints that is confusing me and doesn't seem to be accurate. What am i missing?

Screenshot 2022-12-14 113644.jpg

Comment

Look at row 10 (5th from bottom). There has to be at least 1 star in Shape E (green). If you place a star in column 4, the hint is true. If you place a star in column 2, the only remaining available square for the 3rd star in Shape E is column 4, making the hint true again.

Comment

ah yes. dummy i am thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X