No announcement yet.

Annoying & disruptive Verizon Pop-up ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you MsBlue for posting those screenshots. I've sent those along to our ad provider now to get them removed ASAP. In the meantime I've bumped you up to premium, ad-free status for 1 week free of charge to hopefully eliminate the problem right away.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I guess it's my turn:
      Obscuring_ad.png

(It was a PECO ad, which is doubly infuriating, because we get spam calls from them all the time.)

This is literally the only site where I've ever seen this sort of badly-coded obscuring popup ad. There's got to be a way to get your ad provider to stop doing this to us.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your screenshot Martika - can you let me know what browser/operating system you're using?

I've reported the bad ad and bumped you up to Premium for a week (ad free) to remove the problem immediately while it is investigated by our ad company.

I 100% agree with you that these ads are unacceptable. It is doubly frustrating for me because we include code specifically on gameplay pages which is meant to block any sort of ad like this from appearing - but obviously this is not working 100% of the time, for all players. I will be working with them today to come up with a better solution.

If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Firefox 114.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. Every morning I try to play and almost every morning my game gets waylaid by an ad, usually a McDonalds ad. Can you PLEASE fix this?

Comment

What phone and browser are you using, and if you can email me a screenshot that would help. I have been working with our ad provider on a solution for this issue - they installed new code yesterday that they said should fix this but clearly if you’re getting it this morning then it’s not been fixed.

Sorry this keeps happening - believe me I am as frustrated about it as you are.

Comment

iOS - Apple iPhone. It happened again this morning, and lately it’s almost always a McDonalds ad. This time it popped up on the right side and didn’t cover the screen (see attached) but it still completely stops game play.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Just happened again - this time a Toyota ad.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thank you Acustatic - I've bumped you up to ads-free for the next 3 months to remove this issue for you right away. These screenshots are a big help. The fact that the ads are no longer expanding past the right column is part of the fix that was implemented last week - but you're saying even though the ad no longer seems to physically cover the puzzle, it prevents you from actually clicking on the puzzle still nevertheless? Please confirm if that's the case so I can inform the agency to investigate further.

Thanks again,
                    Stephen

Comment

Thank you - and yes, that was the case. With the full screen problem, it seemed that I could sometimes turn my phone sideways and that would allow me to complete the puzzle, but these latest times that didn't seem to work.

Comment

So here's a Hulu/Disney Channel new variation I started getting yesterday. It starts out as a bottom banner than expands to cover a larger portion of the screen. I can close it to get back to the puzzle, but it just comes back between 5 and 60 seconds later. It is possible to keep working the puzzle with it there, but it blocks out a major section of it (even blocks out part when it's just the bottom banner). If it came up one during the puzzle, not that bad, but it just keeps coming back. I had one come back about 10 times before I could get the puzzle finished. It would help if they realized that when I close the ad, that means I've seen it and I'm not interested.

This screenshot was after I'd scrolled up to see more of the puzzle.
                        image.png
                        Last edited by Grifir; 10-07-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the screenshot! I’ve put in a removal request for this ad.

Comment

I'm seeing these same kind of "screen take-over" ads now in Star Battle from Disney +/Hulu. The screen will temporarily freeze, the ad will load and create a blue border around the screen, then the bottom ad bar will rise up to take over 1/2 the screen and play view. Star Battles is the only game I've found this occurring in.

Edit: how funny, didn't see Grifir's post from earlier today. Didn't mean to double post about the topic.

Comment

There is a Fresh Thyme ad that surrounds the screen and then rises up and lowers down from the bottom that is also disruptive. While it happens, I am unable to click in the puzzle. Then I have to reduce and x out the ad to continue. freshthyme.jpg

Comment

Sorry about that turno77 - our ad agency says this as was turned off last week but clearly it is still coming through somehow. I will reconnect with them today and make sure it is removed. In the meantime I've upped your account to premium status free of charge for 1 week - this should remove ALL ads for you while you are logged in.

Thanks for the screenshot!

Comment

Working...
                                X