No announcement yet.

Annoying & disruptive Verizon Pop-up ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if my problem is due to ads but when I play on my iphone sometimes the puzzle screen will just randomly go totally white, and I can't even hit the back button or anything to get back to the puzzle. I have to navigate to the homepage again and then start a new puzzle. This hasn't happened to me with any other websites, just this one.

Comment

New user here, I love Star Battles (and I understand why there are ads on this website) but every now and again I’ll get a massive pop-up while I’m completing a puzzle which obviously slows me down and throws me off track. I haven’t got a screenshot because my instinct is to X them immediately, I think it’s the same Canary Islands ad that keeps appearing though?

Comment

Originally posted by DazzaBrownsword View Post
        New user here, I love Star Battles (and I understand why there are ads on this website) but every now and again I’ll get a massive pop-up while I’m completing a puzzle which obviously slows me down and throws me off track. I haven’t got a screenshot because my instinct is to X them immediately, I think it’s the same Canary Islands ad that keeps appearing though?
        Hello again, just as a follow-up to this post I now have an example screenshot of the ad that keeps popping up during games.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks Dazza! Can you let me know what device/browser you're using? I will send your screenshot to our ad manager along with that information to have the ad removed.
          If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Thanks Dazza! Can you let me know what device/browser you're using? I will send your screenshot to our ad manager along with that information to have the ad removed.
            I’m using an iPad (6th gen apparently) on Google Chrome, and again I think the Canary Islands ad is the only one that I’ve been noticing pop up in this fashion. Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

Thanks Dazza! I've submitted this ad for removal, and bumped you up to premium (ad free) for one week free of charge to fix this issue for you immediately.
              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I am not sure if my experience is the same but after reading this it feels related. I play star battle on my iPhone on google chrome. It seems after about 2 min or so, the page just completely refreshes out of nowhere and I have to start over. I’m not sure if time is affected, I believe timer doesn’t restart but not sure. I never see an ad, but I wonder if it’s related. But affects 90% of my mobile gameplay. Never have this experience on desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by FreePalestine View Post
                  I am not sure if my experience is the same but after reading this it feels related. I play star battle on my iPhone on google chrome. It seems after about 2 min or so, the page just completely refreshes out of nowhere and I have to start over. I’m not sure if time is affected, I believe timer doesn’t restart but not sure. I never see an ad, but I wonder if it’s related. But affects 90% of my mobile gameplay. Never have this experience on desktop.
                  This is the same problem that I have. Only happens on my phone, never on my computer.

Comment

Working...
                  X