Bad Questions, Wrong Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Questions, Wrong Answers

Somebody needs to read over these things. Bad questions include misspellings, syntax errors, missing words. But the worst are the wrong answers: "Who died at Chappaquiddick in Ted Kennedy's car?" Yeah, but the answer marked correct is Jacqueline Bouvier. Jackie! If any human being re-read that question/answer they would have caught it.

Yeah, I just got one about who Plato studied under. I marked the correct answer, Socrates, but their answer was Epicurus who was born after Plato died!

Comment

yea ! usually you can see alot of these ! the problem being that the designer of the question tends to be more subjective while they have to try being more objective ! its like saying point to the red wall to a color blind man !
      did you know you can not see some colors ? color vision test will tell you how good u see colors

Comment

I've just started doing Trivia Puzzles today, having only done about a dozen so far, and I've already reported at least 5 errors. My favorite one so far had to do with which "Space Shuttle" landed on the moon.

Think I am going to stick to the acrostics.

Comment

Originally posted by briang View Post
          I've just started doing Trivia Puzzles today, having only done about a dozen so far, and I've already reported at least 5 errors. My favorite one so far had to do with which "Space Shuttle" landed on the moon.

Think I am going to stick to the acrostics.
          Yeah, I can see why no one is playing these games. Course now there's the feedback under each question. I'm supposing they've corrected many of the mistakes. Its like a ghost town though in comparison to WordTwist. I just thought I'd try something different as probably you were as well.

Comment

I believe the problem is that they are using some kind of algorithm to locate answers. Sometimes you get a question and the given answers are four-digit numbers. If you take the "correct" number, the one that the game says is right, and google it along with the subject of the question: you will get a bunch of hits, usually accidental because the two unrelated items are on the same page or something. That would also explain some of the other wrong, but related, answers: Who was in the car when Teddy Kennedy went off the bridge at Chappaquiddick? It wasn't Jackie Kennedy, but her name is on the page about the incident. Perhaps the whole game is just a program run by bots crawling the Net. If so, then the site is far more impressive than if it was run by humans.

Comment

Originally posted by CCBC View Post
              I believe the problem is that they are using some kind of algorithm to locate answers. Sometimes you get a question and the given answers are four-digit numbers. If you take the "correct" number, the one that the game says is right, and google it along with the subject of the question: you will get a bunch of hits, usually accidental because the two unrelated items are on the same page or something. That would also explain some of the other wrong, but related, answers: Who was in the car when Teddy Kennedy went off the bridge at Chappaquiddick? It wasn't Jackie Kennedy, but her name is on the page about the incident. Perhaps the whole game is just a program run by bots crawling the Net. If so, then the site is far more impressive than if it was run by humans.
              Ohhh, I like your example. Yeah, you're right. They must have to use some kind of AI as there's so many hours in the day & there's only so many employees. This way the less played games have some sort of monitor, even though the AI is doing a poor job. It still needs the human to manage its performance.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cute View Post

Yeah, I can see why no one is playing these games. Course now there's the feedback under each question. I'm supposing they've corrected many of the mistakes. Its like a ghost town though in comparison to WordTwist. I just thought I'd try something different as probably you were as well.
                merry Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Starwars123 View Post
                  merry Christmas
                  Thanks! Hope yours was fun as well.

Welcome to Puzzle Baron Games. I think you're the newest member I have come across.

If you drop by WordTwist where I usually play, you'll see its NOT a ghost town. There's plenty of activity.

Comment

I had a math question this morning. So and so pays $460.00 per quarter for service. If the rate increases by 10%, how much will be his new annual rate? The "correct" answer was $506.00. But that would be the new rate per QUARTER, not the annual rate. The annual rate would be $2024.00, much higher than any of the options. I reported the error. We'll see if the administrator corrects it. Somehow, I have my doubts.

Comment

Here's another example: Which of these movies was released in the 1960s. None of the choices were correct, and the "correct" answer was "Gone With the Wind" which was released in 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by oddcouple View Post
                        I had a math question this morning. So and so pays $460.00 per quarter for service. If the rate increases by 10%, how much will be his new annual rate? The "correct" answer was $506.00. But that would be the new rate per QUARTER, not the annual rate. The annual rate would be $2024.00, much higher than any of the options. I reported the error. We'll see if the administrator corrects it. Somehow, I have my doubts.
                        See now I wouldn't even know how to calculate that answer & wouldn't have known that the listed choices were wrong. Good find!

Comment

I was always good at math in elementary and high school, along with 45 years of accounting before I retired. As such, the math questions are the ones I go for every time. From time to time, I can spot them.

Comment

I tried the Trivia for a few days, but there are so many errors in these quizzes!
                            Hi oddcouple, nice to see you here

Comment

Thank you, I recognize you from Cryptograms.

Comment

Working...
                              X