No announcement yet.

Favourite words found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwt sorry its happening to you too but it does make me feel better somehow...i wonder if the administrator has any suggestions???

Comment

• What browser/operating system are you using when the text-entry field loses focus? And are you using the main game board or the legacy, Version 1.0 game board? Thank you!

EDIT: I still can't replicate this issue here, but I've added a quick line of code that may fix it for those who are experiencing it. Please let me know if there is any improvement after around 10:15am Eastern this morning (Sunday).
      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Originally posted by admin View Post
        What browser/operating system are you using when the text-entry field loses focus? And are you using the main game board or the legacy, Version 1.0 game board? Thank you!

EDIT: I still can't replicate this issue here, but I've added a quick line of code that may fix it for those who are experiencing it. Please let me know if there is any improvement after around 10:15am Eastern this morning (Sunday).
        Chrome/Windows 10. Main game board, not the legacy one. The problem is that the issue is intermittent. For me, it seems to have been happening every three or four games. I haven't seen the problem on the Linux Mint machine running FireFox, but I don't like the keyboard as much on that machine and don't play as often there. I will let you know if the problem goes away, but it will take some time to be relatively sure that it has.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

Chrome/Windows 10. Main game board, not the legacy one. The problem is that the issue is intermittent. For me, it seems to have been happening every three or four games. I haven't seen the problem on the Linux Mint machine running FireFox, but I don't like the keyboard as much on that machine and don't play as often there. I will let you know if the problem goes away, but it will take some time to be relatively sure that it has.
          I've had this happen when certain adverts load, and I definitely know what you are talking about as I experienced this as well, UNTIL I got Premium, and then the issue went away, which is why it makes me feel as though it has to do with the adverts.

Comment

What browser/operating system are you using when the text-entry field loses focus? And are you using the main game board or the legacy, Version 1.0 game board? Thank you!

Hi Admin, Just to report that the issue reported previously with the board rearranging itself after adding a very high (20+?) letter word hasn't gone away. Using Safari 15.1 on Mac 11.6.1. Thanks kindly for looking into this!

Comment

• Hi kittencaboodle - can you email me a screenshot the next time you see this happen? I just tried to replicate this on my (admittedly extremely outdated) MacBook Air / Safari and neither time did the board rearrange itself after a very long word was played. So seeing it in action via screenshot will be a big help toward tracking down the source of the problem. Thank you!
              If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Hi kittencaboodle - can you email me a screenshot the next time you see this happen? I just tried to replicate this on my (admittedly extremely outdated) MacBook Air / Safari and neither time did the board rearrange itself after a very long word was played. So seeing it in action via screenshot will be a big help toward tracking down the source of the problem. Thank you!
                It's not a very frequent occurrence but I'll try and remember if and when there's a next time. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

The problem with the entry window losing focus seems to have been fixed, at least on this machine. I've played at least 30 games and the problem has not recurred. If I see it again, I will let you know. But it seems fixed. Thanks!

Comment

• That's great to hear - thanks bwt213!

Comment

• SOCCERING is a word, which seems like an appropriate discovery on the eve of the World Cup. (And I've done a lot of it myself -- former college soccer player, and continued playing in amateur leagues for more than a decade afterward.)

Comment

• A classic long word....finally found it. QUINQUAGINTACENTILLIONTHS
                        Last edited by Razorflame; 11-20-2022, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• With the influx of new boards comes new words to enjoy.

Have tried to play hedon before. It's a theoretical measure of pleasure. Not sure how many hedons this find provides, but certainly enough to light a smile visible from the other side of the mountain.

Also new( I'm pretty sure) is irideous, . We have hundreds of iris along the pathways and ponds. One of our favorite.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 10.31.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 10.35.28 PM.png

th-2079317290.jpeg

Comment

• COURANTE. I think I should listen to some Bach now.

Comment

• Not really a favorite word, just one a looooooong time coming. I finally played THALASSOGRAPHERS yesterday. crazykate found it 5-6 years ago. I made a point of memorizing it and have waited ever since then. Now I can erect a tombstone of remembrance here and be done with it. Still waiting since I started playing for AMELIORATIONS or some variant like OVERAMELIORATIONS to make it worth keeping. But, no rush, lots of others to find in the meantime.

Comment

• LEMONIZING and LEMONIZE, where were shots in the dark that panned out.

As per online dictionaries, "lemonize" = "to add or apply lemon to"...

Comment

Working...
                                X