A crazy, surprising run continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A crazy, surprising run continued

I waffled on recreating this thread but finally decided to start it up again and see what happens. In the previous year before the old forum was expunged, this thread was viewed 63k times for an overall total of 85k. That for me beggars belief but I suppose with guests usually outnumbering registered players 10:1 I suppose it's possible. Now that this forum is buried at the end of the forums page I doubt if it will garner as many views from passersby.

So, for anyone interested, my lifetime best/longest word records is currently at 23,428. Year to date I'm averaging 787 records set per month but I'm also playing fewer games than last year when I averaged 897/month.

Enjoy the games everyone!

OK, I'm still in awe of that. As 007, I'm less than a fourth of that, if I'm lucky. Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks Spike!

In the past ThunderRock and bwt said they like to occasionally see some words that I've been finding so here ya go guys:

TR: I found OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGIST and 2 days later OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGIES. I probably wouldn't have seen them if you hadn't found it and then mentioned it on the forum. Thanks.

BATHYMETRICALLY
      AEROMAGNETICALLY
      RUGGEDISATIONS
      PHYTOFLAGELLATES (learned that 1 in high school science many, many moons ago)
      GLOSSOGRAPHICAL
      FREEWHEELINGLY
      ILLIBERALIZES
      HEMOGLOBINOPATHIES
      RADIOCHROMATOGRAM
      ENTHRONISATIONS
      ANTICLERICALISMS
      HARDHANDEDNESSES
      ARCHAEOZOOLOGISTS
      BARELEGGEDNESSES

I really love the diversity (and sometimes the quirkiness) of the long words they seed into the boards on this website.

Comment

yeah, but some of those plants are real flogs....

Comment

Good to hear from you, flops. Haha, once again you have me googling Australian slang. flogs: Flog is a slang term for “wanker”, itself meaning someone who's up themselves, getting ideas above their station.
          There is a degree of highmindedness to those words but I guess somebody uses them.

Comment

Finally, a new all-time PERSONAL record high score for 5x5 (and a personal record for most words, too):

Total points: 744 New record!
            Total words: 137 (71 common,25 wide,5 rare,36 ultra rare) New record!
            Best word: WESTERED (14 pts.)
            Longest word: MASTERED (8 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:

Played: 1 times
            Average Score: 493 points
            Average Words: 88 words
            High Score: 242 points by geekwes
            Most Words: 39 words by geekwes
            Best Word: UNDERSETS (16 pts) by geekwes
            Longest Word: UNDERSETS (9 letters) by geekwes

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
              Good to hear from you, flops. Haha, once again you have me googling Australian slang. flogs: Flog is a slang term for “wanker”, itself meaning someone who's up themselves, getting ideas above their station.
              There is a degree of highmindedness to those words but I guess somebody uses them.
              Some days I just can't help myself...I go off meandering, looking a root words...(and then have a chuckle because of what "root" means in Australian slang...it pretty well describes my meandering). High minded indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
                Finally, a new all-time PERSONAL record high score for 5x5 (and a personal record for most words, too):

Total points: 744 New record!
                Total words: 137 (71 common,25 wide,5 rare,36 ultra rare) New record!
                Best word: WESTERED (14 pts.)
                Longest word: MASTERED (8 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:

Played: 1 times
                Average Score: 493 points
                Average Words: 88 words
                High Score: 242 points by geekwes
                Most Words: 39 words by geekwes
                Best Word: UNDERSETS (16 pts) by geekwes
                Longest Word: UNDERSETS (9 letters) by geekwes
                Grats! Also grats on the wonderful record setting lala

Comment

Thanks, RazorFlame! I haven't seen you on the forum for many moons. Welcome back.

bwt: Congrats on setting 2 new personal bests!

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                    Thanks, RazorFlame! I haven't seen you on the forum for many moons. Welcome back.

bwt: Congrats on setting 2 new personal bests!
                    Yes, it's been over a year. I'm back, though

Comment

That felt good. I took on a board where the best/longest word was 24/13. Usually my upper limit is 22 pts but the stats implied there could be something better. I prevailed with UNAVOIDABLENESSES for 32/17. The previous record was for AUDIBLENESSES.

Comment

Here's a nice stark contrast of two completely different playing styles!
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Great Screenshot and impressive score, Brisul!
                          My playing style is closer to lalatan's when it comes to 5x5, but I appreciate talent and skill in any category.

Comment

lalatan Nice to see you've become a juggernaut when it comes to finding long words on this site now. I've played quite a few boards already where you have the longest word record and even I was not able to find the word you found. A lot of them are because I don't know the scientific words too well, but there are some other, simpler words that I feel like I should have no issues finding, like CANDLELIGHTERS, but then again, I didn't think to put the two together Good going

Comment

Thanks RazorFlame! It's what I like to do on this website. At one point over a year ago I told someone on the forum I didn't want to learn chemistry/science/medical long words but I guess I changed my mind.

I came across 1 of your games yesterday where you scored over 500 and 100 words. Doesn't look like there's too much rust on your game!
                              Last edited by lalatan; 04-04-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X