and shuddered
    nearly capsized
    until
    the sun returned
    and the ship
    sailed on

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 4.42.07 AM.png

Comment

• Congratulations. Very nice. You have left our strata of play and moved to the next level. Don't forget your pals down here who here looking up at your accomplishments.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyb View Post
        Congratulations. Very nice. You have left our strata of play and moved to the next level. Don't forget your pals down here who here looking up at your accomplishments.
        Don't make me laugh. I've got a sore throat. it hurts.

Set that record at around 4 am because I was so stopped up I needed to sit upright to let the mucus drain downwards. Gross.

I still can't beat you in most games.

So, looking down at anyone? Not a chance.

The majority of games I play these days are a disaster. If I used my previous approach, I'd be doing better on those games. My playing is sort of like being on a trampoline. Up really high momentarily, then...way, way down.

If insanity is trying the same thing and expecting a different result, my old approach was insane. Using it I'd probably never get a 600.

So, I have to thank you in part for the change. Part of your approach made a huge difference.

I'm trying to learn how to recognize which boards require which approach. Or how to meld them. How to gain consistency. How not to get stuck doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Comment

• Congrats on punching through the 700 pt ceiling, Naboka!
          Last edited by lalatan; 02-06-2022, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naboka View Post
            A perfect storm
            of k's and z's
            the ship shook
            and shuddered
            nearly capsized
            until
            the sun returned
            and the ship
            sailed on

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 4.42.07 AM.png
            Congrats, Naboka! I knew you'd reach the 700 club, and I knew it would be before me, if I ever get there (excluding the 5X5 grids). Haha! Happy playing, and I hope you feel better. I rode five miles on the stationary bike today. It felt great, but it's still a bit odd as I want to be out in the open riding...

Comment

• So this is interesting... though not sure what to make of it. I decided I was really bored with endlessly typing the same words over and over again, so I thought I'd play with Average Points per Word. So now, of course, I'm endlessly clicking through games instead of typing. Or, sometimes playing games and then dumping them before they bring down my average. The best is when my husband takes breaks and looks for games with big words and saves them up for me (such a sweet guy!). In future months I think I'll need to find some compromise that's still fun and less restrictive. Maybe Stephen will find another new source of super long words.

Comment

• I go for long words too, but (usually) only ones new to the board. That eliminates the endless clicking, so it's more fun. Of course that generally lowers the monthly score (unless you get really lucky).

By the way, congrats on your score so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                  I go for long words too, but (usually) only ones new to the board. That eliminates the endless clicking, so it's more fun. Of course that generally lowers the monthly score (unless you get really lucky).

By the way, congrats on your score so far!
                  Thanks! It's kind of fun to see how many different games we can make out of this one game. Everybody's got their angle!

Comment

• Originally posted by mdyak View Post
                    So this is interesting... though not sure what to make of it. I decided I was really bored with endlessly typing the same words over and over again, so I thought I'd play with Average Points per Word. So now, of course, I'm endlessly clicking through games instead of typing. Or, sometimes playing games and then dumping them before they bring down my average. The best is when my husband takes breaks and looks for games with big words and saves them up for me (such a sweet guy!). In future months I think I'll need to find some compromise that's still fun and less restrictive. Maybe Stephen will find another new source of super long words.
                    How does your husband 'save them up for me'? Do you somehow download them onto your computer?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2cute View Post

How does your husband 'save them up for me'? Do you somehow download them onto your computer?
                      No, he just opens 5x5 on a bunch of different tabs on his laptop and then lets me know when each tab has a game worth playing - i.e. there's a big enough word to make it worthwhile. If I/we play it and can't find the word, we just ditch the game so the average points per word stays high. It's just one more approach to playing this very flexible game.

Comment

• The distinct advantage of having played a board within the last fews days. Having studied that board after playing it the first time and having figured out the word veins. Having visualized replaying that game in your head before moving on to the next.

Got 79 of the 82 already played words--out of 104 possible. Still am mystified as to what 19 of the other missing 22 could be. But, knowns are knowns, so...

Kind of unfair, but...

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 3.37.06 PM.png

Comment

• Originally posted by mdyak View Post

No, he just opens 5x5 on a bunch of different tabs on his laptop and then lets me know when each tab has a game worth playing - i.e. there's a big enough word to make it worthwhile. If I/we play it and can't find the word, we just ditch the game so the average points per word stays high. It's just one more approach to playing this very flexible game.
                          Ohh, that's such a unique idea.

Comment

• Practising my typing.

Trying to discipline errant fingers

who want to scamper through the park

and sniff the interesting smells

rather than stay on the trail.

At the end of January my best total words was 118. Gone up 6 times this month now to 138.

Plus, the second 700 this month, as a bonus.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 5.06.57 PM.png
                            Last edited by Naboka; 02-16-2022, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• In ten games this month, I scored a total of 10,000 points. This gives me a perfect 1000 average. I've never done that before

Comment

• Hit 1000 "best words" today. Dead chuffed!

Comment

Working...
                                X