No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here was my most interesting success at beating a board after 40 plays. I couldn't get best high score and best word in the same game, so I guess this is the rarely attempted staggered approach, and a cool word!

longestword40played.png

Comment

• Great month in the highest average score per game category. I hadn't played in 10 months and was a little surprised at how quickly it was coming back to me. Initially, I wasn't planning to compete, but then I started monitoring the high scorers from the month before and thought I had a good chance at placing in the top three. The one person I didn't monitor was Mackers2, and that was who came in and bumped me out of 3rd place. Well done! By the time I saw it, it was too late for me to catch up and take back the 3rd spot.

Comment

• As far as accomplishments, it was a terrific month! I hit a new single game high score and word count for myself at 1275 and 214. I raised my career average score by over three points and crossed the 3 million point mark. Definitely a good month to come out of a 10 month retirement.

Comment

• Congrats and welcome back!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
            Congrats and welcome back!
            Thanks! I'm going to take this month off from playing enough games to compete, but it was nice to be back to start the year
            Last edited by Brisul; 02-05-2024, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Tied my best number of UR words the other day.

Was gonna post it, but decided not...

Then beat that today, so...

Like always: it's mostly common ultra rare words. Not mysterious. Just learning them.

Today's record is in the following post.

e.png

b.png b.png c.png d.png
              Attached Files

Comment

• As stated in the previous post, beat my personal record for number of ultra-rare words.

Good words to know for better scores.

ee.png

aa.png bb.png cc.png dd.pngbtw: the "teen" was supposed to be "teends". bad fingers, bad! also, in the previous post, the first column can be found in the small image. tap on it and it should enlarge. bad fingers. bad!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Naboka; 02-17-2024, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• The last post got flagged as potential spam.

Guess I've lost my trusted poster status.

First I can't find my keys, then I lose my status.

Life is just sooooo hard sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naboka View Post
                    Tied my best number of UR words the other day.

Like always: it's mostly common ultra rare words. Not mysterious. Just learning them.

Today's record is in the following post.

e.png

b.png b.png c.png d.png
                    This is phenomenal!!!!

Comment

The last post got flagged as potential spam.

Guess I've lost my trusted poster status.

First I can't find my keys, then I lose my status.

Life is just sooooo hard sometimes.

Sorry about that Naboka - not sure why you're not in the Trusted Users category. But I've manually added you now so hopefully you should be queue-free from here on out.
                      If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Tied my best number of UR words the other day.

I agree with Brisul that 111 u-r words found in 2 minutes is a phenomenal achievement! Congrats!! I doubt very much that anyone will ever eclipse your record or even come close to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                          I agree with Brisul that 111 u-r words found in 2 minutes is a phenomenal achievement! Congrats!! I doubt very much that anyone will ever eclipse your record or even come close to it.
                          Thanks. lalatan. Appreciate it.

Though, someone got 114 UR word. (post on 2-17-24)

As they say: records are made to be broken...

without mentioning that willingness to suffer the endless tedium of learning and practice required to do it.

Comment

Though, someone got 114 UR word. (post on 2-17-24)

As they say: records are made to be broken...

without mentioning that willingness to suffer the endless tedium of learning and practice required to do it.
                            Interesting. I filtered for last week and didn't see that post. Nor did an advanced search for 114 yield anything. So if your mark was bettered we all know you pioneered the technique.

Re: tedium of learning and practice: I calculated that the 92k games I've played have taken 157.7 24-hr days of my life. (I am not the leader in that category.) Of course that doesn't include the amount of time spent sifting through games to find a promising one. That would easily double or triple it. Regardless, I consider it time well wasted. It has alleviated crushing boredom and probably saved me from dementia and preserved my sanity, such as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                              Interesting. I filtered for last week and didn't see that post. Nor did an advanced search for 114 yield anything. So if your mark was bettered we all know you pioneered the technique.

Re: tedium of learning and practice: I calculated that the 92k games I've played have taken 157.7 24-hr days of my life. (I am not the leader in that category.) Of course that doesn't include the amount of time spent sifting through games to find a promising one. That would easily double or triple it. Regardless, I consider it time well wasted. It has alleviated crushing boredom and probably saved me from dementia and preserved my sanity, such as it is.
                              Yep. Staving off dementia keeps me at this. The mental exercise coupled with physical exercise helps.

157.74 24 hour days! Wow!

Considering the fascinating words you've found, it's definitely time well wasted.

As for "sanity" I'm not always a fan. Nor can I give you a definition that isn't full of holes. Some of the most incredible things in life come from people who see what the rest of us don't.

Though, it's "crazy" how much time some of us spend on this game.

The person who got 114 UR words was:

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 12.09.40 PM.png

I posted it with the list of words.

If anyone can beat it, that's fine. I'm just challenging myself and have little interest in competing. Too much stress.

One exercise I've found to be detrimental to my health is typing fast. Just causes all sorts of inflammation. So, I let my fingers coast.

If I could better predict which games were going to be extremely productive, I might pick up the pace. But, knowing the available letters and getting them to connect into words within the board are two different things. I just finished a game that had over 200 possible UR words. I fell flat. Found 80, but ...

Trying to race against every possibility just has proven counterproductive.

Usually, I'm coasting along, then discover 2/3's of the way through the game that I hit a goldmine--but don't have enough time to capitalize. When the game ends, I may have typed over 100 UR words but will still have 10-20 or more queued in overlapping clusters that I just can't get to. If I knew what was there in advance, I'd be typing at 130-140 words per game rate rather than pacing at 100 ish.

Not to mention that I'm also looking for longer words these days just to up the APPW. And that takes up time.

Oh well. Sure very few are interested in all this, so... Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother to post at all. Though I write to sort out my thoughts, so it's beneficial to me if no one else.

It's almost 70 outside, so I'm gonna get out the electric bike and ride up to school to help the wife. Electric bikes certainly are a game changer.

Comment

• Question for you lalatan and Naboka: Can you explain how one could get "only" rare words in a 3 minute game of Wordtwist? How could you not slip in a few common words accidentally? Getting that many obscure words without a common seems impossible. I'm probably unaware of a different way to play or a different version that allows the game to be slowed down. Please explain, that would help a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X