Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

So I am making this thread because of the large number of threads on the old forums that I saw where people were posting their own accomplishments and achievements separately from one another. By making a centralized thread for these kinds of posts, we can keep the clutter from the new server's forums and this thread can act as a catch-all for all of these separate threads.

Hopefully, other players like this idea, as I think it as a necessary step at this point in time.

Please post any achievements or accomplishments you would like the rest of the WordTwist players to know about here!

My first accomplishment I would like to post here is that I am finally back after a year and a half, and I am back to stay for a long period of time.

Alas, your thread will eventually scroll down. In the old days, if we wanted to see comments we'd see only those for WordTwist. Now, it's mixed in with everything else. I can't find anything any more and wind up either responding to a recent on-screen comment that seems to kinda fit, or creating a whole new one. If anyone can set me straight so I can see just the WordTwist stuff, please do.

Comment

Razorflame, I appreciate your effort to create a thread for this. (By the way, welcome back! Where have you been?) It's hard to tell if it will work. There are at least four current threads that would have fallen under the old "Boo Yeah Corner." With that gone, it's sometimes easier to create a new thread than search through & add to old ones. I play enough that I tend to see new posts as they come up, so I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. (Searching for half-remembered past posts is something else, if course.) Anyway, with the new format, we'll see what the new "normal" is.

Comment

Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post
        Alas, your thread will eventually scroll down. In the old days, if we wanted to see comments we'd see only those for WordTwist. Now, it's mixed in with everything else. I can't find anything any more and wind up either responding to a recent on-screen comment that seems to kinda fit, or creating a whole new one. If anyone can set me straight so I can see just the WordTwist stuff, please do.
        bwt, if you have programmable keys you can use this link for 1 of them to get directly to the WordTwist forum and see all the threads: xttps://forum.puzzlebaron.com/forum/puzzle-baron/wordtwist (of course you'll have to change the first character in the link) Or, if you can't do that, just bookmark the link.

There is a link at the bottom of this page to get help on how to use the new forum.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post

bwt, if you have programmable keys you can use this link for 1 of them to get directly to the WordTwist forum and see all the threads: xttps://forum.puzzlebaron.com/forum/puzzle-baron/wordtwist (of course you'll have to change the first character in the link) Or, if you can't do that, just bookmark the link.

There is a link at the bottom of this page to get help on how to use the new forum.
          And if your keys are not programmable you could click the forum button then scroll down to 'wordtwist' in the list of games (they're alphabetical) then click that link to bring up all the wordtwist threads

Is anyone else annoyed by the game timer popping up a second after the comments when you click for a new game?

Comment

Hey, I love this thread idea! Especially because I just hit one of my life goals: I found a longer word than lalatan in one of the puzzles. lol

I was wondering where to talk about it, and this spot seems perfect!

Cheers to lalatan for setting the bar so high.

Comment

Congrats, rosedraws. Cheers to you as well and enjoy the games!
              Last edited by lalatan; 05-25-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I took a break from this game for a few weeks, and have been trying a different style since I got back. I try to find as many words as I can on 5x5, keeping an eye out for long words. I'm finding it challenging so far, but I just had a game where my strategy really paid off and I was rewarded with three new records (although I'm sure that the top score will not remain the top score for too long...)
                _20190521_092419.JPG

Comment

At last. I did it again. If I thought for one instant that Russ would take offense, I would not post this. For me, this is a real achievement, and that is the only reason I'm posting it to this thread. So, here it is:
                  Game Results

YOUR STATS:
                  Total points: 656 New record!
                  Total words: 131 (68 common,28 wide,4 rare,31 ultra rare)
                  Best word: STATERS (12 pts.)
                  Longest word: STATERS (7 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:

Played: 3 times
                  Average Score: 440.5 points
                  Average Words: 90.3 words
                  High Score: 649 points by RussDNails
                  Most Words: 137 words by RussDNails
                  Best Word: STATERS (12 pts) by GreyOwl
                  Longest Word: STATERS (7 letters) by GreyOwl

Comment

I seem to have a lot of people gunning for me lately

Congrats on topping me, I know you work hard on your game and it seems you're steadily improving--I see your name pop up more and more often with top scores as I'm cycling through games.......

Cheers,

Russ

Comment

I don't know about "gunning for you". You're a standard, and a hard one for me to reach -- but just barely possible. Your game forces me to stretch mine. Thanks for being a reliable challenge, and I look forward to the day when I can beat your score more than twice in three years.

Comment

It looks like you're getting close to being able to average 600 pts/game so it probably won't be long before you kick my butt again!

Comment

pdiddp, congratulations for your first place trophy last month!

Comment

Thanks Spike! And congratulations to you on your silver trophy!

I felt a little bad at 'appearing out of nowhere' so late in the month and knocking you back a step but it was a busy month for me and my game playing was limited. Until nearly Memorial day I didn't think I'd even record enough games to be listed!

And it looks like we may have a new competitor . . . Congratulations to folkslinger on your bronze!

Comment

I agree with the congratulations to folkslinger! And don't worry about the "appearing out of nowhere." I do kind of vaguely set my goals & strategies at the beginning of the month, so my average is kind of fixed (within a few points) by the time I'm listed. That does give late starters something to shoot for if they're so inclined, or it could just mean that others with higher goals aren't listed yet. From what lalatan/thinkbig said earlier in the month, I have no doubt that he would have beaten us both if we hadn't broken 35.
                              Last edited by Spike1007; 06-03-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X