No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much to pdiddp and to Spike1007 for their congratulations on my bronze. They brought a big smile. A big, well earned, congratulations to both for their gold and silver. I love this game and have really enjoyed watching for both your names along with lalatan and too many others who's skills just blow me away. You all teach me soooo many words. A great learning experience and brain exercise!

Comment

Woohoo! Just got a 21-letter word (unexceptionablenesses) , I think this is my 2nd one. It's always so funny because you feel like you're typing a whole sentence! :-D

Comment

Obviously you're getting that word was not an example of UNEXCEPTIONABLENESSES. Congratulations!

Comment

I am unable to play the game on my phone, pop up ads are covering the links and I can't get them to go away.

Comment

This issue is plaguing me as well. I find that, if I am quick enough, I can select "Start mobile play" but I certainly don't get to choose my games!

Comment

I have been having the same problem for about a week and have not been able to find a good fix. If I click on the three dots and go to Desktop site the ads go away but playing is not easy in that mode on my phone.

Comment

Hey Spike, congratulations on your first place golden scoring! And congrats to thinkbig and folkie for their silver and bronzes

Comment

Thanks! I'll go along with congratulations to thinkbig & folkie. There were actually a lot who ended up over 20 pts/word. (Edit: I looked back, and it's not really much more than usual.)
                  Last edited by Spike1007; 07-02-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Razorflame: Here is the screenshot you wanted. I probably haven't seen this on a board for a year or so. I couldn't send an attachment on the PM.
                    Dichlorodifluoromethanes 2019-08-11.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by lalatan; 08-14-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

To all you folks plagued by ads, why don't you just pay for this wonderful service and the ads will all magically disappear! The cost of being a member comes to only about $5/month, and if we don't pay for it, the ads have to.

Comment

You're right. I really enjoy this site, but I run ad blockers, so that's not a problem. I occasionally feel guilty though. I got a free month of premium service here at the beginning of the year (for pointing out a glitch after the migration), but there really was no difference. (I use Wikipedia enough that I donate to them.) You may have shamed me into paying. I'll see.

By the way, lalatan, thanks for the acknowledgment for MICROSPECTROPHOTOMETRY (if that's right). I wouldn't swear that I was the first to get that, but I was on that board. And I think I had the same problem with putting things together in the right order.
                        Last edited by Spike1007; 08-15-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Congrats to folkslinger & renaissanceman for their trophies last month! I thought I was doing pretty well until the last few days.

Comment

Thank You Spike1007 for your congrats. I congratulate you on your bronze and renaissanceman for his silver.
                            Spike, I want you to know that my bucket list goal for this game was to emulate you by winning gold in the 5X5 while maintaining at least a 1.00 word per game average. So in a way you were the winner before, during and after this months game because I would not have even tried to do this without your stellar example. Thanks again!

Comment

Congratulations to another one of my idols for the 1st place trophies for 5X 5 and 4X4 in the same month WOW! Thinkbig_aka_lalatan you have taught me even more words than Spike1007. I would also like to congratulate forgedinfire on the third place 5X5.

Comment

Originally posted by folkslinger View Post
                                Congratulations to another one of my idols for the 1st place trophies for 5X 5 and 4X4 in the same month WOW!
                                Thanks folkslinger. Congrats to you and forgedinfire as well! It seems you are doing very well in the long word game.
                                Since you joined Wordtwist last March, you may not know my history (all the previous forum posts were deleted last March with the migration to a new server). I won both APPW golds the same month a few times in the past under my username thinkbig. I created the current username to reduce any confusion about my identity. I've been playing the long word game for about 3.5 years now, stiil enjoy it and still find new words just about every day.

Enjoy the word hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X