No announcement yet.

Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOH! I hit one of my goals! I like playing long words and also playing for points. I pretty much never beat Lalatan or the other big word players, but I can *match* them sometimes. So, to give myself a target, I want to at least match the big word AND get the high points. I finally got one today! woohoo!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Congratulations! Let's hope this becomes a regular occurrence for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post

I'm part of the 600 club now! I just bested my previous highest score and word count. 632 points and 129 words! I know the high scores are only temporary; I'm just happy to be improving. Happy playing Naboka.

It was cooler today at 72.
        Guess you inspired me. A new highest total points. Good to be pushed. Since I can't type fast enough, I've been concentrating on words that have higher points and ignoring the ones that don't. Four letter words worth 3 points just clog up the works.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 8.04.04 PM.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Guess you inspired me. A new highest total points. Good to be pushed. Since I can't type fast enough, I've been concentrating on words that have higher points and ignoring the ones that don't. Four letter words worth 3 points just clog up the works.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 8.04.04 PM.png
          WTG Naboka! I think you'll be part of the 700 club in no time. I hope all is well with you, and happy playing.

Comment

• I've managed to get more than 600 points on 4x4!

Comment

• Way to go kate! Congrats! I think the last time I looked at your scorecard your high score was in the 400's. Looks like you've gotten a lot better.
              Last edited by lalatan; 12-12-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                Way to go kate! Congrats! I think the last time I looked at your scorecard your high score was in the 400's. Looks like you've gotten a lot better.
                My last high score was actually in the mid-500s, but that high score stayed the same for many months. I actually matched my "most words" score at 126 words, but "last time" those 126 words were only worth 550 points or so.

Comment

• I guess I should've added that the last time I looked at yr scorecard was probably 3 years ago(?). Congrats on your breakthrough to the 600 pts level from the mid 500's.
                  Last edited by lalatan; 12-12-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazykate View Post
                    I've managed to get more than 600 points on 4x4!
                    Awesome. Congratulations.

Comment

• Just set my highest points per word for a single game: 6.714 points a word. Old best was 6.506 from a game with 77 words and 501 points.

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 6.42.55 PM.png

Comment

• Oooo, I got over 600 points again, and I never thought this would happen, Naboka:

Comment

• Way to go Kate, keep it going !!

Comment

• Originally posted by crazykate View Post
                            Oooo, I got over 600 points again, and I never thought this would happen, Naboka:
                            Wow! That's ...

Crazy!

And you didn't just beat it, you shattered it.

Thanks for sharing. I always wonder who broke my best scores and by how much.

Yesterday, I started out with 732 best scores, added about 7 throughout the day, but woke up this morning with only 722. That's 15-17 games where someone beat my best. "Boo-hoo," said the crocodile.

I've got a long way to go to even think about matching some of the people here. So many players that are better. But failure has always been part of success. Failures provide opportunities for learning and improvement.

Congratulations, Crazykate. Keep on trucking.

Comment

• It has been interesting to see the growth in WordTwist players the last few years. Some you lose track of for a while and, like a kid who has had a growth spurt, you see their stats again and marvel how they've grown. Even the top players have upped their game to new heights. I wonder where the ceiling is. It's remarkable what can be achieved when you just keep at it.

Congrats to kate on setting a new personal best for words/game.
                              ThunderRock, it's good to see you've made it through the many hurricanes that battered your region and to see you're still thunderrocking pts and words stats!

Comment

• Thankyou lalatan, while there is so much destruction still to this day down by the coast and even in the city of New Orleans, and along the gulf coast, I have faired a lot better than most. So, we relish this time of the year and start holding our breath when mid summer approaches. Between the hurricanes, covid restrictions and employment problems resulting from both, it has been real tough on small business owners and ALL business owners. So many have gone out of business and will never come back. Sad times.

Comment

Working...
                                X