Achievements and Accomplishments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Naboka View Post
    ...Did you notice that the last game above had zero common words? And the previous best had 40-50 more total words, so there is that advantage, as all that extra verbage wasn't even sufficient to get 600 points...
    No, I did not notice that. But I have trained myself to completely ignore common word totals in puzzle stats. So that must've spilled over to game results.

I just had a look at fasteddieb's stats for this month. 66 5x5 games played, averages of 1,186 pts/game, 209 words and 5.672 pts/word. Absolutely remarkable. Seems like he knows lots of higher scoring words to attain those kinds of avgs.

Comment

• Finally broke 9 points per word average in a game.

Thank you "Q's."

(Though my left little finger hates you with a passion and wants nothing to do with you.)

Soooo many words had to be retyped. Which meant that I couldn't get to the requite, requites, requiter, requiters (11, 13,13,14 points) that I saw.

Gonna have to exercise that Q muscle.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 9.20.06 AM.png

Comment

• Today I played three board that were dazzling in my stupidity and nonpareil in frab-ju-bab fingers. If I had a video to post, I am certain that I would be accused of playing so poorly on purpose. It was that stunning.

Comment

• Last Friday was a bad day for friggatriskaidekaphobics but it was a great day for me. I finally achieved what is for me the big one. I reached 50,000 5x5 best/longest records! Woohoo!! A very long time coming as you see below.

50K 5X5 RECORDS.jpg

Also, on April 22, I passed MegaWord's totals for best/longest word records in 4x4 and 5x5 combined (another huge goal for me). Currently, I've collected 59,269 lifetime best/longest word records; 2,559 of them were attained under 3 other usernames I've used in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
            Last Friday was a bad day for friggatriskaidekaphobics but it was a great day for me. I finally achieved what is for me the big one. I reached 50,000 5x5 best/longest records! Woohoo!! A very long time coming as you see below.

50K 5X5 RECORDS.jpg

Also, on April 22, I passed MegaWord's totals for best/longest word records in 4x4 and 5x5 combined (another huge goal for me). Currently, I've collected 59,269 lifetime best/longest word records; 2,559 of them were attained under 3 other usernames I've used in the past.
            You are totally amazing and inspiring! I definitely continue to be inspired by what you do!

I'm familiar with triskaidekaphobics... what's the frigga part??

Comment

• Thanks, mdyak. With the frigga- part added it means the fear of Friday (So named for the Norse goddess Freyja. I've also seen her called Frigg and Freda) the 13th.

Comment

• Woohoo, I just broke my personal (and long standing record) for both best and longest word with “stroboscopical”. For most of you pesnuts, but I am very pleased with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leabhar View Post
                  Woohoo, I just broke my personal (and long standing record) for both best and longest word with “stroboscopical”. For most of you pesnuts, but I am very pleased with it.
                  Congratulations! And I just played a game where the previous high was by estive, who managed 1114 points. I got 565, which meant I was more than 50%. I don't do that often against really good players, We take our achievements however they come, and our pleasures are not ruined by anyone else's judgement or achievements. Don't ever downplay something you did that pleased yourself. And know there are people who will take honest pleasure in knowing that you made a new high score, whatever it was. So, next time you make a new high, be sure to let the world know so we can cheer for you!

Comment

• I am proud of being the first to find "ovulatory" in that particular puzzle.

Comment

• YOUR STATS:
                      Total points: 360 New record!
                      Total words: 50 (19 common,15 wide,3 rare,13 ultra rare) New record!
                      Best word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (26 pts.)
                      Longest word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (14 letters)

PUZZLE STATS:
                      Played: 38 times
                      Average Score: 169.9 points
                      Average Words: 28.5 words
                      High Score: 338 points by lbm67
                      Most Words: 48 words by MegaWord
                      Best Word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (26 pts) by isispj
                      Longest Word: PSYCHOBABBLERS (14 letters) by isispj

Broke a MegaWord board record for the first time in months. It says something about MegaWord's standards that this is still a big accomplishment.

Comment

• Naboka, Nice job! I think you are ready to take a run at a month with a 500+ scoring average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naboka
                          3rd and 4th 700 point games today.

These two just played back to back.

The third one was a personal high for the month.

Lalatan, as you predicted, getting close to 100 ultra-rare words for a game.
                          Bravo, Naboka! For you to find that many ultra-rare words in 2 minutes is amazing!!

Comment

• A little late in the month, but I did just get FRIGGATRISKAIDEKAPHOBES.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                              A little late in the month, but I did just get FRIGGATRISKAIDEKAPHOBES.
                              Would be awesome if you actually got it on the 13th!

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                                No, I did not notice that. But I have trained myself to completely ignore common word totals in puzzle stats. So that must've spilled over to game results.

I just had a look at fasteddieb's stats for this month. 66 5x5 games played, averages of 1,186 pts/game, 209 words and 5.672 pts/word. Absolutely remarkable. Seems like he knows lots of higher scoring words to attain those kinds of avgs.
                                Thanks. I missed this post as I've been kind of busy with work and have not been reading the comments. If there were a 5-letter or 6-letter minimum version of this I would love to play it. I used to play 6-letter minimum word length games at lycos over 14 years ago. I started at 4-letter minimum then went to the 6-letter minimum rooms to get better at longer words. By the time I got used to it, I stopped going back to the 4-letter minimum word rooms. because I loved it so much I'm nowhere near some of you experts who get amazing ultra rare and long words but for someone who plays for getting the most words possible I do alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X