The strange, the bizarre and the unexpected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
    I never got it. I looked it up in Collin's and YAWL dictionaries. Not in either one so I doubt it was valid. SURGELESS was in YAWL but not Collin's.
    I played another board with MALARIOLOGIES on it and set 2 records again. I came up w 3 other words you may find entertaining when you come across them.
    always interested in interesting words.

found apricate today. to bask in the sun.

Love to apricate.

Comment

• Cool word. I used to love to apricate as well but the nerve pain in my feet ramps up when they get hot. Can only do so now when I'm close by water to cool my feet off. I'm glad I can still walk the beach for a while.

Today I learned: noun: paraesthesia
      1. an abnormal sensation, typically tingling or pricking (“pins and needles”), caused chiefly by pressure on or damage to peripheral nerves.
      Never knew the medical name for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naboka View Post

always interested in interesting words.

found apricate today. to bask in the sun.

Love to apricate.
        Speaking of which: bask, basked, and basking are all accepted. Basker and baskers are not, or at least they weren't the last time I tried. No apparent reason for their omission.

Comment

• What could be more obscure than OBSCURENESSES (19/13)? SUBOBSCURENESSES (30/16), perhaps? Not so. SUBOBSCURE: Somewhat dark or obscure; (Botany and Zoology) somewhat dark and dingy in colour. (I guess it's shorter than typing SOMEWHATOBSCURENESSES )
          Last edited by lalatan; 03-02-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

What could be more obscure than OBSCURENESSES (19/13)? SUBOBSCURENESSES (30/16), perhaps? Not so. SUBOBSCURE: Somewhat dark or obscure; (Botany and Zoology) somewhat dark and dingy in colour. (I guess it's shorter than typing SOMEWHATOBSCURENESSES )
            Oh, let's do this! Let's invent a new Boggle game of all made-up or sort of half made-up words. I love SOMEWHATOBSCURENESSES!

Comment

• Yeah, go for it, mdyak! If you start a new thread for it, I'll contribute.

I just played a board where the best/longest word seemed to be RADICALNESSES (19/13). Right in front of it was mini- so I tried MINIRADICALNESSES and was denied. A miniradical wouldn't be whole-hog radical, just a little bit.
              Last edited by lalatan; 02-24-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, go for it, mdyak! If you start a new thread for it, I'll contribute.

I just played a board where the best/longest word seemed to be RADICALNESSES (19/13). Right in front of it was mini- so I tried MINIRADICALNESSES and was denied. A miniradical wouldn't be whole-hog radical, just a little bit.
                Like a contrary gerbil?

Comment

Yeah, go for it, mdyak! If you start a new thread for it, I'll contribute.

Ah, but if it had been there would semidemisemiradicalnesses have been acceptable? Quinquasexideciradicallnesses? And for everyone who knows what a radicle is, it seems perfectly clear that radiclenesses should be a word, too. I'll bet a lot of prefixes should hook right on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwt1213 View Post

Ah, but if it had been there would semidemisemiradicalnesses have been acceptable? Quinquasexideciradicallnesses? And for everyone who knows what a radicle is, it seems perfectly clear that radiclenesses should be a word, too. I'll bet a lot of prefixes should hook right on there.
                    Love all of these! More fun than actually playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdyak View Post
                      Like a contrary gerbil?
                      Got a chuckle out of that. Very witty.

Comment

• Oh come on lalatan. Now I KNOW you're just making them up! unsexagintillionth really??
                        I play just to get one of your words someday. Thanks for challenging me

Comment

• Keep at it and it'll happen for you. (I've played 81k games so far.) You'll start to see patterns and it'll get easier for you. Enjoy the quest!
                          Last edited by lalatan; 02-25-2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Lalatan pasted together this doozy:

UNDECILLIONSEDECILLIARDTH

Comment

• That was sweet of you to post that, rose. Thank you.

Comment

• I laughed when this word was accepted. I saw -mongers and searched for something to add to it. Then I wondered... WONDERMONGERS (24/13)! I love this game, so entertaining...
                                WONDERMONGER: a person who tells of or works wonders

Comment

Working...
                                X