Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So FireFox is all jacked up...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So FireFox is all jacked up...............

Anybody else here play on FireFox?

It seems I've lost all my themes and extensions, including Adblock which makes playing here a lot more enjoyable--FireFox recently rolled out an update and apparently this is a universal issue which they claim to have either fixed or are working on a fix, depending on where you read about the issue.

Moved on to Chrome but liked the Wordtwist layout on Firefox better...........

Try StopAd if can can find it...

Comment

Hi Russ, I use Firefox and and I've seen no changes to WordTwist. FF is allegedly on the latest update (66.0.3)I don't use Adblock but I have a different blocker called Ghostery, maybe that will work for you?

Comment

I also use Firefox & saw most extensions & add-ons disabled. Adblock Plus went away, but I still have Disconnect. I'm still ad free, but now I have a new space where I assume an ad should be. Maybe I'll try one of the others mentioned.

Comment

I use Firefox (66.0.3), and AdBlocker, and haven't noticed any change. Hmm, but your post is from after the last time I rebooted. Maybe I'm screwed next time I have to boot. Doh!

Comment

Let us know if it still works. Mine changed suddenly yesterday. (I was thinking that Firefox updated, but I didn't see any sign of that.)

Comment

I used to use Firefox for everything. After a half-dozen updates over nearly as many years, I noticed that after every one of them something important no longer worked. And it was never anything obscure, either. It was as if Firefox didn't beta-test. I don't know if that's true, but if they did beta-test they sure didn't do it on the things I ran. About three years ago, I switched to Chrome. I have had no such problems since.

Comment

Dear all,

Thanks for the responses--sorry for my slow reaction but I've been out all day with my family..................the issue is still there (all FireFox themes gone, add-ons and extensions disabled) and when I tried installing Ghostery or Disconnect per your suggestions I get a message saying "Download Failed." I tried adding some other FireFox add-ons and keep getting the same message so apparently this issue not only disabled everything I had set up but will not allow the installation of any new add-ons. When I said it was jacked up I wasn't kidding! May be done with FireFox for good. I had forgotten just how bad the Internet was with intrusive ad saturation until this experience.

I posted my issue on a Mozilla help site and ironically someone from Mozilla contacted me asking me to complete a survey and rate my satisfaction with FireFox! Needless to say it was one star across the board.

Again, they do know about this and Mozilla claims to be working on a fix for this. Also, some tech savvy people have already begun posting work-arounds but I don't have the patience to tinker with my operating system. Plus these fixes only work as long as you have FireFox open--as soon as you close the browser you have to redo the fix. I have a bunch of add-ons and extensions and there's no way I'm going to patch every one every single time I open the browser so unless they fix this I'm done.

Kindest regards,

Russ

Comment

Dear all,

Quick update for anyone having issues--found a very simple fix.

Open FireFox, navigate to settings (three bar icon in the far right corner). Go to Help, About Firefox and this automatically updates to the "repaired" version of the browser. Just did this and all my settings, themes, add-ons and extensions are now re-enabled. Mozilla must have gotten on this pretty quick...........

Best,

Russ

Comment

Thanks for the fix & following that up! That worked. I just assumed that it was intentional, and I'd need to find compatible add-ons.

Comment

Spike, glad it helped--I'm an old dude and not very tech savvy so it's good to see that I could help someone out!

Cheers,

Russ

Comment

Off topic here, but just warning everyone not to be distracted by things possibly burning on the stove. I left a game playing to tend to something on my stove and forgot the game was still running. As I was stirring, I heard a bell ring from the other room. Yep, it was too late. My 920 average after 11 games had dropped to 849. After 9 more games I have worked it back up to 887, but it's a struggle. From now on, I will let things just burn on my stove!

Comment

Good that you have your priorities in order : )

Comment

Some times it takes a tragedy like that to realize what your priorities really are

Comment

What did you burn (not that that's the important issue here)?

Comment

Working...
                              X