No announcement yet.

How good IS Megaword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how to help you, but I have that problem with the ch, ph, words, basically double consonant starting words. I see them much slower and neglect them more often. I get confused easy cause they're more complicated to me. Maybe a way to train vowel words is to play some games intending only to find words that start with vowels, that will force you to improve.

Comment

I do that sometimes. Just stare at boards while not logged in, not even looking at consonants and just focusing on vowels to see what I can string together. Gets a little tedious and I tend to drift back to playing real games and as soon as I do I just don't key in fast enough on words that start with vowels.........

Comment

I've never had an average in the 990's for longer than one game in all my time on the 5x5 boards. I just now reached a 995 average in my 28th game of the month! Yes, I'm patting myself on the back

Comment

How good is Brisul??? Yaaaay!

Comment

sometimes...I play in my head, just before I nod off to sleep...it's kinda weird and slightly disconcerting, but then.....I smash it because my brain puts in which ever letters suit the string it's working on....zzzzzz.

Comment

New words record on 5x5 - 316 wds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Um0vQKaszM

The puzzle was ideal, had a plenty of words and most of them I could type quick. My fingers were feeling a bit sticky and I wasn't fully warmed up yet. I didn't feel much nerves, cause I didn't realize I was at such a good pace, made all kinds of errors throughout. Encouraging though, seeing the potential for much improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post
                New words record on 5x5 - 316 wds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Um0vQKaszM

The puzzle was ideal, had a plenty of words and most of them I could type quick. My fingers were feeling a bit sticky and I wasn't fully warmed up yet. I didn't feel much nerves, cause I didn't realize I was at such a good pace, made all kinds of errors throughout. Encouraging though, seeing the potential for much improvement.
                I just finally crossed the 200 word plateau yesterday. Can't you at least give me a 24 hour window to bask in my own glory?

Comment

Brisul, 200 words was just AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by Brisul View Post

I just finally crossed the 200 word plateau yesterday. Can't you at least give me a 24 hour window to bask in my own glory?
                    I didn't mean to cause a great eclipse. Nevertheless, 200 words is a great milestone, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post

I didn't mean to cause a great eclipse. Nevertheless, 200 words is a great milestone, congratulations!
                      Of course, I'm kidding. 316 words is off the charts awesome! Also, thank you iBnutz for the kind words

Comment

[5x5] 1891 pts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIihGIkyHdY

I haven't seen this puzzle all month, I knew when I started it was gonna be good. The first half I had over 1,100 pts, basically at 2,200+ pts pace. My nerves affected me greatly toward the end. It's nice to have both all-time records on 5x5 improved this month. (Careful with the audio, it recorded static, I'm trying to get some music to replace it)

Comment

Congrats on another epic game and a new all-time high!! (When I played this board last week I only got 2 words. )

Comment

Thanks Lalatan. I was playing better than usual that day, (Halloween actually) probably 20 words higher per game. The night before I had a headache and went to sleep early, slept about 10 hours. I think the extra rest helped. It was a great day of Wordtwist. The record game, though bitter sweet, proves to me that 2,000 pts is realistically achievable.

Comment

Here's the deal: you can do the absolute best possible. You can. When you do, it will seem easy, and like no achievement at all -- but you'll know what you did, and you'll feel it when you do. True story: when I was a young lad and WAY too full of myself, I was called on to rescue a baseball game. Our team was up by two runs, but the other team had the bases loaded and there were no outs. Any hit, even two ground balls or fly balls in the next few batters and the game would be tied at least and perhaps lost. I was called on to pitch in relief and I bet the bench a bottle of coke each that I would strike out the side on nine pitches. And I did. When I went in, I knew it wasn't even a gamble. I knew I'd do it. It would be easy. I did it, and it was; every pitch was perfect and few batters even tried a swing. We ALL have such moments, when victory seems obvious and trivial and exalting at the same time. It's good for humanity that such moments are rare and fleeting -- and good for our own self-worth, as well. We'd all be insufferable peacocks, otherwise. I regret the person I was then and I don't like him very much. But it did feel good. Doing good at this game is not nearly the moral sin that mine was. I think it's really no sin at all. I absolve you. Go for it. Such moments are joy.

Comment

Well, it's like any great athlete*, when they reach a new level of achievement they rejoice. And so it is with my Wordtwist progression, the joy comes from a feeling of growth, increased ability, hard work has created measurable results (like science). And when I play the game with greater ability, my joy is enhanced while playing. I like to share videos of my high scores cause if someone were scoring as high as myself, I'd want to see some gameplay of it.

*Could mean any person that strives for something better.

Comment

Working...
                                X