No announcement yet.

How good IS Megaword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are some unselective games I've been playing this month. By unselective I mean playing every game I come across without skipping any. I've played unsel...

These are some games I played this month on 4x4 playing every game I come across, currently averaging 618 pts, way higher than I expected, my previous best being 583 pts.
    Last edited by MegaWord; 12-10-2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Former all-time record for points on 5x5. This puzzle is really good for it. I haven't come across it for a very long time, I remember remarking on an older ...

1,931 pts 5x5. New all-time record.

Comment

Holy }*#+?{$%!S&^@!!!!!

Comment

wow!!! my fingers are tired from just watching that video! ;-D

Comment

New all-time record for most points and words in the same game. My typing was a bit better, but not my best, some nerves were affecting me toward the end. An...

1,938 pts 320 wds 5x5. New all-time record for points and words.

Comment

Absolutely astounding achievements!! Congrats! Thanks for the videos.
              Last edited by lalatan; 06-30-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I must share one of those unlikely coincidences that periodically occur if you play a lot of Wordtwist:

A few minutes ago, I admiringly watched MegaWord's video in post 50. Then, just for fun, and to learn new words, I watched again and tried to type along in a Word document I'd opened in a separate window.

Of course I was instantly left in the dust, so I started concentrating only on typing high-scoring words I was unfamiliar with, like interesses, silenes, stanines, and maisters, so that I could learn them. I hope I'll remember those words long enough to add them to my permanent repertoire of high-scoring words.

After completing this exercise, I went to play a game ... and, you guessed it, the board that came up was the one I had just watched/typed along with! So I was unusually well prepared and ended up scoring around 750 points, which is not unheard of for me but which is quite rare.

Thanks, MegaWord! Now, if I can just remember those words for the future ...

Comment

At first, I thought it was a repost of the new highest score. Wowzer. Or, wow sir.

Comment

I've enjoyed playing the game deep in my soul, and it's great to be able to share some of my high achievements with others that share my enthusiasm. I'm a 32 year old Mega Man and I recommend anyone play this game that desires it, despite age. Don't be discouraged by the judgements of others. Be free and reach for what you will.

Comment

Ever see the works of Picasso when he was young? Incredible stuff. Really advanced.

He said something like, "It took me four years to learn to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."

To have the wonder of a child! And the wisdom of having lived!

All the secrets of the universe are in a grain of sand. So simple, so complex.

Life itself is absurd. But, oh so wonderful. So amazing. So filled with the possibility of creation and achievement.

Achievement of what?

Who cares? As long as the person achieving cares. As long as he or she sees value in it.

Shooting a basketball through a hoop is completely ridiculous as a goal. Yet, so marvelous and exciting to watch.

We just watched a week of people running in circles. Some set world records. How silly to be setting records for running in circles. How breathtaking.

Only wish I had the ability.

Comment

Naboka, as always, I love your writing! MegaWord, keep posting... I love to watch your prowess, especially when the fam are watching the football...although I don't yell at the screen, they way they do....x.

Comment

I couldn't help but notice that this dinapool didn't even mention the name of the game, but instead posted a link to a different game. I imagine they leave the exact same message in the reviews of any game they come across, in the hopes of luring people to click on the link they included. It's also their only post in the entire forum. Definitely fishy.
                          Also, I don't think there's anything especially childish in finding long words in a grid of letters.
                          Don't let your enjoyment of this game be tainted by a troll leaving cryptic messages.

Comment

"Very, very good" is what I always expect to see when someone has posted to this thread.

Comment

New record for highest points on 4x4. Almost by 100 points, my previous record being 1,364 points. This puzzle is maybe the best I've come by for an all time...

4x4 - 1,455 pts - 252 wds

New record for highest points on 4x4. Almost by 100 points, my previous record being 1,364 points. This puzzle is maybe the best I've come by for an all time record for both points and words. I didn't feel that I played exceptionally well and still easily beat my old points record. I am now easily convinced of 1,500 point potential. I've been playing a lot recently and was hoping for an all-time record improvement. The new words added to the game have helped with my scoring a bit as well, especially the short words which can be typed fast such as (bae).

Comment

Beyond amazing and without peer once again! Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X