How good IS Megaword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Just wow.

Studying your games has added hundreds of points to mine. Thanks.

Love bae, blae, slae, hae...

Wishing I could type that fast is like wishing I could kick a 70 yard field goal. Better to just sit in the bleachers and enjoy the game.

Comment

836 points at the one minute mark. Incredible. Megaword is the Hank Aaron of this game (no Barry Bonds here) Megaword is LEGIT!

Comment

New all-time record for most words on 4x4. I think that's the most ultra rare words I've seen in a single 4x4 board. This is the fourth time I've gotten over...

4x4 - 1,432 pts - 264 wds

New all-time record for most words on 4x4. I think that's the most ultra rare words I've seen in a single 4x4 board. This is the fourth time I've gotten over 1,400 points now, seems once you break through it becomes easier. I'm surprised to break 260 words, wouldn't believe it when I began. Happy to increase both my points and words all-time records on 4x4. My goal this month is to maintain 1,050 + pts and 200 + wds averages and 1,000,000 + total pts.

Comment

How good is MegaWord? Every day I play one of MegaWord's "low" scoring boards. I figure with his typing speed, if he has a low score it is because he is not typing, he is starring at the board. With my slower typing speed I figure I will do less staring and more typing. I can then get closer to MegaWord's score. Hoping for maybe 70% of his score. You know to be in the same ballpark.

There is a line from "Pulp Fiction": ". . .ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same f***in' sport."

God bless you MegaWord. You are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
            How good is MegaWord? Every day I play one of MegaWord's "low" scoring boards. I figure with his typing speed, if he has a low score it is because he is not typing, he is starring at the board. With my slower typing speed I figure I will do less staring and more typing. I can then get closer to MegaWord's score. Hoping for maybe 70% of his score. You know to be in the same ballpark.

There is a line from "Pulp Fiction": ". . .ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same f***in' sport."

God bless you MegaWord. You are amazing.
            sure am glad he plays those boards, though

Comment

Megaword,

Are you playing every game for the average? Playing just the ones that promise lots of points?

Probably won't get an answer to this, but still curious.

Comment

I'm playing games that I feel that I can score at least 900 points on. If I fail to get 900 points I exit the game before it saves, that seems to be keeping my average where it is. I can usually tell how "easy" the board is based on others players scores, some smaller games can score quite high. Last time I played every board without discretion I averaged in the 620's, there are some small boards out there. Speaking of small boards, I did have my first perfect game a while back, it was only like 30 some words though. I didn't get it recorded.

Comment

You had once posted some recommendations for dictionaries. Couldn't find the post. Not that I looked too hard. Lazy. Seems Wordtwist is a unique world where what's accepted or not is often decided by voodoo priests throwing chicken bones.

Perfect game? Congrats.

If that ever happened to me, I'd want to hide it somehow, convinced that someone would think I'd cheated. Imposture syndrome's a bitch.

Even coming within 15 words makes me uneasy. Closest I ever came was getting all the played words plus a couple of greens against 500 pt players--though our combined efforts had still left a few dozen unplayed.

Estimating potential scores from what other players have done seems to be a common approach. Guess we all subconsciously rank each other for mysteriously calculating possible outcomes.

Since I don't have your typing skills, after "who's scored what" my main determinant is the ulra rare line. What's going to give the most bang per keystroke. Using those criteria has led to recycling boards with only 60 ish ultra rares. It's not always the number of words that matters.

Probably have filled at least one or two Moleskine-type notebooks with unusual words I've gotten off games you've played. You and the bots have been reliable contributors for feeding the obsessive frenzy to score ever more points.

An addictive obsession.

Comment

It's not over yet!

I'm stunned to beat the words record again and break 270 wds. I didn't even feel like I was playing that good, but I just kept trying and I'm glad I did, fel...

4x4 - 1,445 pts - 271 wds

I'm stunned to beat the words record again and break 270 wds. I didn't even feel like I was playing that good, but I just kept trying and I'm glad I did, felt a bit shaky and unsteady. Another puzzle with tons of words, these words felt even easier to type quickly for me. I didn't even know I was capable of this many words, but it's obvious there is still room for improvement, wow.

Comment

Record game starts at 6:43. My first 2,000+ point game on 5x5. The new huge puzzles made it easy though.

5x5 - 2,033 pts 275 wds

First 2,000+ point game achieved. The Z and Q words helped, and the fact that there was over 1,100 words to be found in the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr12GlPGqNM

5x5 - 2,033 pts 275 wds

First 2,000+ point game achieved. The Z and Q words helped, and the fact that there was over 1,100 words to be found in the puzzle.
                        Actually, bmezo also got over 2,000 points, but your score is higher. I suspect that bmezo and another high score were accomplished with a known glitch in the earlier WordTwist versions where sometimes you got more than 3 minutes of play -- maybe a lot more. It's enough to note that you have the highest all-time score, period. And the people who might accuse you of cheating can watch the video and shut up. To me, you're the Ty Cobb/Babe Ruth/Wayne Gretzky/Shohei Otani/Pele of WordTwist.

Comment

After high school, I spent time on a surveying crew where finding bench marks allowed us to establish relative elevation.

Sometimes we post accomplishments on these forums, and expect ... I don't know...something.

Using the response to Megaword's reaching 2,000 points in 5x5 as a bench mark, it's apparent expectations of response are mismeasured here.

It's a revelation similar to Candide discovering that the philosophy of his Professor Pangloss (Gottfried von Leibniz) didn't match the real world.

Guess, all we can do is take Candide's advice and cultivate our gardens.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaWord View Post

5x5 - 2,033 pts 275 wds

Way to go MegaWord!!! You are the G.O.A.T.!

Comment

Thanks guys! These new puzzles have raised the scoring potential considerably. Hopefully it won't be my last all-time improvement. And good luck to everybody else on improving your all-time stats.

Comment

It wasn't my last all-time improvement. 5x5 - 2,027 pts 328 wds

Record game starts at 3:37. New words record for 5x5 and second 2,000+ pts game.

Comment

Working...
                                X