Not quite entered as time ran out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John13verse34 View Post
    I was just playing a new board, and my high-scoring word was STAINLESSNESSES... then just as time was about to run out, I realized that I could also play STRAINLESSNESSES. I started typing and the bell rang, and I never got to find out if it would count. If anyone plays this board and gets a chance at STRAINLESSNESSES, I'd love to know if it worked! :-D
    John13verse34

I thought about you as we recently discussed this. Funny, I didn't find STAINLESSNESSES...

Best word: STRAINLESSNESSES (30 pts.) New record!
    Longest word: STRAINLESSNESSES (16 letters) New record!

Comment

Just played immunifacient, then tried facient... didn't take, so tried again, but time ran out.

Were my fingers just clumsy or does WortTwist not take facient?

It's a perfectly legitimate word that means a doer, or in math a variable of a quantic.

Comment

Facient is not currently accepted in Wordtwist, but it is found in a new word list we will be adding to the game near the end of this year. (As is amimia/amimic, posted elsewhere recently.)
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Had darshan/darshans queued up but... bzzzzzzz!

Darshan is the act of perceiving God or someone/something holy/sacred. If you're Hindu.

Anyone ever played it and gotten it accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by jbud1980 View Post

John13verse34

I thought about you as we recently discussed this. Funny, I didn't find STAINLESSNESSES...

Best word: STRAINLESSNESSES (30 pts.) New record!
            Longest word: STRAINLESSNESSES (16 letters) New record!
            Congrats on finding STRAINLESSNESSES!! :-D

Comment

Was typing "nudnik"when time ran out.

Anyone know if nudnik and nudniks is accepted yet? It's in Lexic, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post
                Was typing "nudnik"when time ran out.

Anyone know if nudnik and nudniks is accepted yet? It's in Lexic, but...
                It is indeed allowed! NUDNIK appears in 31 puzzles, NUDNIKS in 6.
                If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Why do I keep seeing ness and nesses in virtually every puzzle? Why do I always see a word repeated from the previous puzzle?

Comment

Originally posted by BaronTopor View Post
                    Why do I keep seeing ness and nesses in virtually every puzzle? Why do I always see a word repeated from the previous puzzle?
                    It may be a function of you choosing puzzles with good-looking stats. As far as words repeated, there are previous posts from people who are really attentive to such things, with lists of words that occur most frequently. I suspect that if you throw a bunch of random letters at a grid and then throw away puzzles that don't have any words (or enough words) to be interesting, the puzzles you'd get would include words like ESNE, ESNES, NESS, NESSES, and on through volumes of common words, or at least words that become common because they use common letters near each other. I do remember someone posting a list of a whole LOT of words that occurred the most in puzzles, which led me to think that if someone wanted to be a real cheat they'd load up their cheat machine with all those common words and spray them out, and only then enter words manually. But geez, there are thousands of ways to cheat like that and cheaters are too stupid to do any of that because they're cheaters.

Comment

Working...
                    X