Not quite entered as time ran out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

I just like the feel of writing in a good notebook with a good pen or pencil.

I am with you on that one. I wish I could do that again. I envy people who can. It just feels so good and pure and right.
    But those days are gone for me. Please enjoy it while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post
      Humble is good. We tell the kindergarteners that they can't get better without mistakes. Mistakes are necessary for improvement. You learn a lot from mistakes. So make lots of mistakes--then figure out how to do better. They get pretty enthusiastic about making mistakes and having learned how to do it better. It's a thrill watching their pride about handling mistakes.

I just like the feel of writing in a good notebook with a good pen or pencil.

A Red Chief Tablet with a #2 Berol pencil?

Me? I take notes (for comics and stories) and do my story boards on a yellow legal pad, and I do my finished cartoons and comics on a white legal pad. The stories I write using a word processing program on the computer.

Comment

Berol.

Classics.

Mechanical or wooden?

Used to have a very large set of Berol Prisma colored pencils. Good pencils. Daughter took them to college and someone stole them. Sadness. They were far better than the Prismacolors of today.

Assuming you use color, what media do you use for coloration of the cartoons? White legal pads suggest something dry, rather than ink or paint.

Comment

I do my cartoons in black and white. Just wooden pencil on paper (pencils #1, #2, #3 ; or B, HB, H) I'm going to take most of the next month off from Wordtwist to finish my current comic book. I have already outlined my next book. I also have three short stories in outline form that I would like to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
            I do my cartoons in black and white. Just wooden pencil on paper (pencils #1, #2, #3 ; or B, HB, H) I'm going to take most of the next month off from Wordtwist to finish my current comic book. I have already outlined my next book. I also have three short stories in outline form that I would like to finish.
            Have fun.

Creativity is one of living's greastest rewards.

Life writes itself.

So do stories.

Some good, some bad.

You just got to let them flow

then edit and refine them.

Not possible to do epic writing on the first draft.

Oddly, the flaws provide the foundation for the unexpected that make writing interesting. Lot of great song lines were initially fillins.

Comment

How true. Just let them flow. Don't "try". I once started out writing a story, that I had outlined and researched. After two paragraphs a much better story developed, and took on a life of its own. Most people, who have read that story, can't believe that it wasn't true. (That is what the research is for). I think that is why I like Updike's work. His stories are in times and places that we are/were very familiar with (if we were alive during the time frame of the story).

Comment

Working...
              X