No announcement yet.

New dictionary and new boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tjoeb Lollapaloozas. Amazing find, and such a great event with amazing bands/artists.

Comment

• Originally posted by lalatan View Post
      PHOSPHORYLATE and PHOSPHORYLATES weren't accepted.
      On the other hand, HYPERPHOSPHORYLATE is accepted.

Comment

• Another missing word.

I got points for ARCHAEOBOTANICAL (30), ARCHAEOBOTANICALLY (34), and ARCHEOBOTANICALLY (32). However, the American ARCHEOBOTANICAL is missing.

Comment

• Although it's a term used for making explosives more stable, PHLEGMATISATION and its plural were not accepted.

On another board PALAEODENDROLOGIST(S) were accepted but not PALEODENDROLOGIST(S).

PERVERTEDNESSES was accepted but not UNPERVERTEDNESSES.

NONFICTITIOUSNESS(ES) AND FICTITIOUSNESS(ES) were rejected.

On a 4x4 board OVERRECRUITMENTS was valid but not the singular.

On a 4x4 board MISADMINISTERING was accepted but not MISADMINISTER.
          Last edited by lalatan; 07-25-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Surprised GLUTINATION(S) were not accepted. Seems to be a medical term for gluing or sealing up a wound.

Comment

• On a recently played board, ENSIFEROUSNESS(ES) and ENSIFEROUS were not accepted. Neither was SENSIFEROUSNESS nor SENSIFEROUS.

Comment

• immedicableness but not medicableness? Probably more a quirk of the English language than a quirk of the Wordtwist dictionary...

Comment

• rosedraws: both words are listed in whatever dictionary Google search uses. Both are archaic.
                  MEDICABLE: able to be treated or cured medically
                  IMMEDICABLE: unable to be healed or treated; incurable.
                  I think if one is accepted, so should the other one. Nevertheless, your scenario could be true; it is English, after all. I'll let Stephen be the arbitrator on this issue. His opinion is the only one that matters on this website.

Stephen, ROENTGENOTHERAPEUTICALLY, ROENTGENOTHERAPEUTICAL, ROENTGENOTHERAPEUTIC were accepted but the spelling RONTGENOTHERAPEUTICALLY is rejected. I didn't test the 2 shorter words.
                  Last edited by lalatan; 09-13-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X