another cheater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
    You always do a masterful job of explaining things to newbies, Spike. I'm certain you were an excellent math professor.
    Yep, I agree too!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
      Ooohaaahumphumphump is a cheater.
      What a name? Really? I wonder for what it refers ... ??!! ...

Has anyone else noticed that the ads have become more risque? Just this morning women with giant bosoms touting sexy photos not to miss for 'mature' audiences. I don't remember these kinds of ads on here. Its true, I've been MIA for about a month since I found a new site to play my beloved 8(&9) ball, so I've mostly been spending my time on that (I'm really improved ... woo hoo). Is it possible these type of ads have attracted those types of people?

Comment

Originally posted by 2cute View Post

Has anyone else noticed that the ads have become more risque? Just this morning women with giant bosoms touting sexy photos not to miss for 'mature' audiences. I don't remember these kinds of ads on here. Its true, I've been MIA for about a month since I found a new site to play my beloved 8(&9) ball, so I've mostly been spending my time on that (I'm really improved ... woo hoo). Is it possible these type of ads have attracted those types of people?

Hi 2cute -

No, that should definitely not be happening - if you could please email me screenshots of what you're seeing to admin@puzzlebaron.com I will have these ads pulled ASAP. Thank you!
        If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

Hi 2cute -

No, that should definitely not be happening - if you could please email me screenshots of what you're seeing to admin@puzzlebaron.com I will have these ads pulled ASAP. Thank you!
          Okay - ahhh .... those little buggers are like roaches ... just seeping in between the cracks ... Good thing our exterminator is on duty!

Comment

First of all, missed you.

Maybe appropriate you've posted on the "cheaters" topic.

I feel...sniff...sniff...cheated upon by you. As if you've found someone else.

Sniff.

I'll just try to be French and understand your dalliance, your

...urges...

to be elsewhere. I know we'll never measure up to your...8 (9) ball...sniff...but life must go on.

Haven't seen Flops posting either. Wonder what.

As for the risque ads, haven't seen them. As a card carrying member of the Testosterone Be Me club, I proudly declare my affinity for sexy women. If not for that attraction, the species would soon perish.

However, I would argue that "sexy" attached to the type of ads you referenced? Yuk. Not sexy at all. Mostly sad. Trying too hard. Could you even have a conversation with a person wanting to look like that. And there has to be a lot of effort going into looking like that. It's not the luck of the draw. Not to mention expense and probably surgeries.

Now, a picture of a woman studying quantum physics?

That's something to keep the species thriving.

Comment

Naboka

Keep the quantum physics, give me Tibetan hand puppetry!

Comment

Naboka

Keep the quantum physics, give me Tibetan hand puppetry!
                I have never understood the foot fetish. Tibetan hand puppetry? Yes, that I can see.

Comment

I would be all for a woman explaining quantum physics. I think that would be really sexy. Perhaps that's just me, though.

Comment

Yeah, but never discuss string theory in a house of worship. Or yell, " MOVIE!" in a crowded fire house.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

First of all, missed you.

Maybe appropriate you've posted on the "cheaters" topic.

I feel...sniff...sniff...cheated upon by you. As if you've found someone else.

Sniff.

I'll just try to be French and understand your dalliance, your

...urges...

to be elsewhere. I know we'll never measure up to your...8 (9) ball...sniff...but life must go on.

Haven't seen Flops posting either. Wonder what.

As for the risque ads, haven't seen them. As a card carrying member of the Testosterone Be Me club, I proudly declare my affinity for sexy women. If not for that attraction, the species would soon perish.

However, I would argue that "sexy" attached to the type of ads you referenced? Yuk. Not sexy at all. Mostly sad. Trying too hard. Could you even have a conversation with a person wanting to look like that. And there has to be a lot of effort going into looking like that. It's not the luck of the draw. Not to mention expense and probably surgeries.

Now, a picture of a woman studying quantum physics?

That's something to keep the species thriving.
                      LOL ... ... Aww, why thank you Naboka! Yes, I agree, an intelligent man is much more sexy to me than a moron with bulging muscles (for men, yet I have yet to see 'those ads').

I need variety. I get tired of the same old puzzles (aka games) over and over. Also, the puzzles on this site have become too hard for my skill level. It's hard for me to find a puzzle where I can contribute anything worthwhile, even maybe words that hadn't been found. Mostly for the past few months, I just sign in to read and interact here on the forum. Sometimes I'll play a couple puzzles, yet mostly I don't. I get more out of this forum than I do from the puzzle (believe it or not).

Comment

Yeah, but never discuss string theory in a house of worship. Or yell, " MOVIE!" in a crowded fire house.
                        I think string theory is fascinating.

Comment

LOL ... ... Aww, why thank you Naboka! Yes, I agree, an intelligent man is much more sexy to me than a moron with bulging muscles (for men, yet I have yet to see 'those ads').

I need variety. I get tired of the same old puzzles (aka games) over and over. Also, the puzzles on this site have become too hard for my skill level. It's hard for me to find a puzzle where I can contribute anything worthwhile, even maybe words that hadn't been found. Mostly for the past few months, I just sign in to read and interact here on the forum. Sometimes I'll play a couple puzzles, yet mostly I don't. I get more out of this forum than I do from the puzzle (believe it or not).
                          You're welcome.

Ah, variety. The search for new stimuli.

Love variety. No matter what something is, it's always fun to find variations, to test the limits, to see what else can be developed or be experienced.

But, variety can be nuanced.

Perhaps, because I've always been involved in activities requiring repetitive motion, I've never been bored with doing something over and over and over and over. Learning how to throw a good punch in a fight requires tens of thousands of practice punches. Same with kicks. Same with dance moves. Same with running. Same with cycling. Same with building muscles. Building strength and endurance and precision.

The same movement, over and over, trying to get it better. Trying to get it faster. Trying to improve. Trying to get your body, mind and soul in such harmony that thought is not required to execute the desired outcome.

You're moving beyond the actions themselves, trying to reach another realm. A realm where the actions themselves don't matter. You're trying to...

Trying to find that magic.

That magic when everything falls precisely in place and the action becomes transcendent.

Those moments of transcendence seem to only come to those willing to put in all the boring time practicing the mundane to move beyond.

So, each repetitive moment, that seems superficially the same can become transcendently different. Each motion, each moment is exactly different, occupying its own place in time and space, completely different from all other such motions or moments.

It's the power of being in The Now. Almost where time and space cease to exist.

As for muscles. When I was a teen, I thought bulging muscles was the key to attracting women--well, girls at that stage. Which it somewhat did, at that time, when bodybuilding was a novelty. The curiosity factor, I suppose.

An oddity of having lots of muscles is that people assume you aren't bright. Lazy minds have limited capacity for categorization. It's either A or B or C or D, but can't possibly be subtle mixtures of all four--much less a thousand other things not grasped.

Even happens to college professors. I had a class with the dean of our department. He turned to me one day and said with amazement that he was shocked I had the highest grade-point average in the history of the department. He had categorized me as a thug, maybe an athlete, certainly a slacker and a bum. Didn't matter that I was blowing away all the other students on tests in his class. He just had trouble accommodating the information at hand.

For him, contradictions were mutually exclusive. How could someone be lazy and diligent? How could someone be simultaneously sloppy and precise? Caring and uncaring? So many contradictions.

I still find muscles fascinating. The design that produced this exquisitely functioning machine. All those intricate levers and pulleys. All powered by a system able to find and produce the energy needed to activate and maintain that machinery. All managed by a system able to perceive the surrounding world and respond to that world. A system of inventing new things, of making decisions, of imagining the future and things unseen.

Pretty amazing.

Muscles are magical.

But, as in all things, a balance is preferable. Overdo anything and it becomes less. Too much muscle hampers your ability to move gracefully.

So, I've settled on lithe. Muscles that move gracefully.

All of this even applies to Wordtwist. The game itself is merely a vehicle for something greater.

There are moments, when you play, that become magical.

That become transcendent.

Hope reading this gives you some of the satisfaction of playing.

Balance.

Comment

Heya!...I haven't posted for a lil while....because it took me soooo long to read what y'all have been up to!! and then there is meandering...of course I went down the rabbit hole of Tibetan Hand Puppetry...(I'm all over string theory).

I'm very pleased that Admin is both a scholar, and a gentleman, and is prepared to defend our sensibilities from unseemly advertising. For the most part, the ads I get are the google ads, and (since I no longer have a keystroke tracker on my PC...and yes, people....invasion of Privacy, etc....but when you have 4+ teenagers surfing the World Wide Web, it not only provides for some interesting reading, it is the impetus for some very gentle conversations regarding "real life", parental and societal expectations of reasonable behaviour, what to do if you are young and being bullied on line, generated their interest in technology, privacy (read...HOW DOES SHE KNOW I did that??) and enabled me to work out how, when, why, and how to fix any breaches of our on-line security), the google ads give me a fairly good idea of what the current users might be looking at/interested in...as Offspring 4 is currently researching Mental Health, Lifespan theories, and Drug and Alcohol dependency, the ads about cannabis oil, mental health clinics, safe injecting rooms and retirement homes haven't been as disturbing as they would have been under other circumstances...apparently there is also interest in rescue dogs (I have two, four on Saturdays, and five on Sundays), caravans, t-shirts with math and science jokes on them, and The Impossible Quiz.

Plus...someone logged me out of Wordtwist.

Plus...I spent two weeks finding Offspring 2's tennis/basketball court (which is astro turf, but looked like pasture), for a party...which turned out to be my surprise birthday party...

and it's Summer (yaaaay!), our vaccination rate is up there, it's nearly Christmas (I have kindergarten teacher glitter coverage syndrome).

and finally, Naboka....you don't need muscle, when you write such wonderful prose.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

You're welcome.

Ah, variety. The search for new stimuli.

Love variety. No matter what something is, it's always fun to find variations, to test the limits, to see what else can be developed or be experienced.

But, variety can be nuanced.

Perhaps, because I've always been involved in activities requiring repetitive motion, I've never been bored with doing something over and over and over and over. Learning how to throw a good punch in a fight requires tens of thousands of practice punches. Same with kicks. Same with dance moves. Same with running. Same with cycling. Same with building muscles. Building strength and endurance and precision.

The same movement, over and over, trying to get it better. Trying to get it faster. Trying to improve. Trying to get your body, mind and soul in such harmony that thought is not required to execute the desired outcome.

You're moving beyond the actions themselves, trying to reach another realm. A realm where the actions themselves don't matter. You're trying to...

Trying to find that magic.

That magic when everything falls precisely in place and the action becomes transcendent.

Those moments of transcendence seem to only come to those willing to put in all the boring time practicing the mundane to move beyond.

So, each repetitive moment, that seems superficially the same can become transcendently different. Each motion, each moment is exactly different, occupying its own place in time and space, completely different from all other such motions or moments.

It's the power of being in The Now. Almost where time and space cease to exist.

As for muscles. When I was a teen, I thought bulging muscles was the key to attracting women--well, girls at that stage. Which it somewhat did, at that time, when bodybuilding was a novelty. The curiosity factor, I suppose.

An oddity of having lots of muscles is that people assume you aren't bright. Lazy minds have limited capacity for categorization. It's either A or B or C or D, but can't possibly be subtle mixtures of all four--much less a thousand other things not grasped.

Even happens to college professors. I had a class with the dean of our department. He turned to me one day and said with amazement that he was shocked I had the highest grade-point average in the history of the department. He had categorized me as a thug, maybe an athlete, certainly a slacker and a bum. Didn't matter that I was blowing away all the other students on tests in his class. He just had trouble accommodating the information at hand.

For him, contradictions were mutually exclusive. How could someone be lazy and diligent? How could someone be simultaneously sloppy and precise? Caring and uncaring? So many contradictions.

I still find muscles fascinating. The design that produced this exquisitely functioning machine. All those intricate levers and pulleys. All powered by a system able to find and produce the energy needed to activate and maintain that machinery. All managed by a system able to perceive the surrounding world and respond to that world. A system of inventing new things, of making decisions, of imagining the future and things unseen.

Pretty amazing.

Muscles are magical.

But, as in all things, a balance is preferable. Overdo anything and it becomes less. Too much muscle hampers your ability to move gracefully.

So, I've settled on lithe. Muscles that move gracefully.

All of this even applies to Wordtwist. The game itself is merely a vehicle for something greater.

There are moments, when you play, that become magical.

That become transcendent.

Hope reading this gives you some of the satisfaction of playing.

Balance.
                              I agree BALANCE in all things. The search for Chi. Absolutely. I don't want all. I don't want nothing.

Of course practice makes perfect does apply, although if I'm bored all the way through it, I have no mental spark to keep the desire strong. I NEED THAT MENTAL SPARK. Not to say I won't come back to it after a break of doing something else. Of course it depends on what IT is. As far as a puzzle, I really should be doing something else. The puzzles (aka games) are my medicine when things are hard and they are my mental pillow when I'm overwhelmed. Either way it must continue to be pleasurable or I would have to give it up. I have enough IMPORTANT TASKS I should be doing otherwise. I don't have to play puzzles. I choose to do it. And of course this is what I'm doing @ this stage of my life. When I was younger I was more into films. I've actually seen 212 films in one year. Do I still do that? No. So far I'm up to 77 so far this year. Do I still enjoy films. Yes. Yet I've chose to enjoy something else for the time being. Will I ever go back to watching just films, maybe. I don't know. I like how the puzzles teach me new things, stimulate my mind & keep me @ a faster pace. I have improved over the past 12 years I've been into it, yet not in the way that actually competes w/all of you & the other members on this site.

I like muscles on men. I just don't like men who think that having them is all that's needed to interact with me. A moron that's eye candy isn't enough for me. I need the intelligence & critical thinking part of his persona to keep me interested. Muscles are just extra.

Comment

I enjoy finding PROCRASTINATE and variations of it in puzzles. I find that the majority of my own IMPORTANT TASKS wait for me, and for the lesser tasks...well...their patience is endless! If I'm on the roster for cooking, or washing, I get that done, but my taxes are still being patient, because I've been reading...I went out with my gym instructor once...he had the "extra", turns out that's all he had....(to be fair, pump class wasn't his only pursuit...he fancied himself an artist, and drew endless self portraits as a struggling artist, I was feeling quite mean at the end of our date, and suggested that he title one , "Struggling to be an Artist", which he liked, I should maybe have been kinder and given him a mirror. I imagine that by now, the "selfie" has given him an outlet.

Comment

Working...
                                X