"SEALIONS" was accepted in this game, yet "SEALION" was not.
Whether it counts as a verb or as a noun, if it works with the S, it should work without, no?
Screenshot_20260924-161238.png
Words to add to the dictionary
Collapse
X
-
This new hex puzzle accepts "metabolizations," but not "catabolizations." (Also spelled "catabolisations," but the "z" seems to be an acceptable variation.
Screenshot (My first time doing a screenshot, lol it's huge).
image.pngLast edited by ILIKEBIGWORDS...; 09-22-2026, 11:16 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I just scored points for BENZOSULFIMIDE but not the plural BENZOSULFIMIDES.Leave a comment:
-
I just found RESCRUTINISATION (30 pts.)
However, SCRUTINISATION was not counted.
I assume that this word should exist?😀 1Leave a comment:
-
-
I can't find it. Wow, that looks a lot more complex than 5x5! Do you mean INTRAGENERATIONAL?Leave a comment:
-
-
This cracked me up.
Maybe a subcategory of words to add to the dictionary might be: definitions to add to words in the dictionary.
Got dealation/s which is when insects like ants lose their wings after being naughty. Just out of curiosity, clicked on the word in the readout to see what Lexic had to say.
Screen Shot 2024-11-01 at 11.23.13 AM.png
"absolutely nothing!" (rendered in my best Edwin Starr impersonation)
but heh, what the heck, 34 points. I'll take it.
On a plus, Lexic came through with alation, which is the state of being winged. It comes up now and then, so...
But none of these were the best/longest of that board or I would have kept my yap shut.
Screen Shot 2024-11-01 at 11.22.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-11-01 at 11.41.44 AM.png
(And to think I almost didn't play this game because I needed to do some other things.)Leave a comment:
-
BIRRIA should probably be in the dictionary, considering how many food words are already in there.Leave a comment:
-
admin Stephen, I was disappointed that brachydactylisms and brachydactylism were not accepted on this board as I thought it was a good find. They are not in lexic.us but brachydactyly is. Would you please add them and the words in the quote below to the WordTwist dictionary?
BRACHYDACTYLISMS MISSING IN DICT.jpg
Stephen, I played this board and found that maternalisation was not accepted. However, it is in lexic.us.
MATERNALISATION MISSING.jpg
Also, I played hyperdiminutivized for the first time today. But hyperdiminutivize was not accepted. Neither is in lexic.us.Last edited by lalatan; 10-31-2024, 03:22 PM.Leave a comment:
-
You're welcome.
In 2018 I created a folder to save screenshots of any words worth >= 24 pts I found for the first time and I set records with. When I use the save as... option it lets me know if I already found the word by prefilling in the text box as I type. Since the folder has expanded into the thousands I am more often convinced that I never found the word before. But I am sometimes wrong so it's a good memory aid that way. And it's a handy way to search for previous finds. This time I just typed klep into the search box and there it was. To find out when it was found I just look at the file's properties.
Your efforts to recycle 16/30+ games are appreciated.
p.s. I have never seen that word in any puzzle since then...Last edited by lalatan; 09-21-2024, 02:52 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Dang! You have one impressive reference system!Found this Jan 2022. Didn't know it was a word for sure. Noticed klepto- and hunted for something to pair with it. Was 1 of those words that made me lol when it was accepted. Then I had to look up the meaning of it.
I've watched many nature shows like you mentioned as well as frigate birds, pikas and squirrels thieving from each other or other species. No morality in the animal kingdom it seems... 33 PTS KLEPTOPARASITICAL.jpg
That's at least twice you've rescued my word wonderments.
Thanks!
You'd think that as many games as I've played I would have run into some of these words. Seems like some 16/30+ we encounter at least once a month. I put several back into the system today.
Having information is only as useful as you can retrieve, arrange and apply it. The first is my achilles heel. I'm a slob by nature, always attracted to the next thing before I take care of the first.
Leave a comment:
-
Found this Jan 2022. Didn't know it was a word for sure. Noticed klepto- and hunted for something to pair with it. Was 1 of those words that made me lol when it was accepted. Then I had to look up the meaning of it.
I've watched many nature shows like you mentioned as well as frigate birds, pikas and squirrels thieving from each other or other species. No morality in the animal kingdom it seems... 33 PTS KLEPTOPARASITICAL.jpg
Leave a comment:
























Leave a comment: