Apparently you can do REOBJECTIVISATIONS, but not the initial OBJECTIVISATIONS. Weird.
Words to add to the dictionary
Collapse
X
-
-
A person can have supervitalnesses but supervital?
Well, not as a single word.
Screen Shot 2026-09-28 at 1.45.29 PM.png
As an aside, while playing games like this from scratch (without the preknowledge that a 16/30 plus word is available) I've been wondering about the best APPW record achieved without the piggyback dependence on knowing what word values exist from other's scores before playing the board.
Probably achieved by lalatan. If you've got it recorded, lalatan, I'd be curious.
The way the APPW contest runs currently, it's like wanting to know how your 10-mile time trial on a bike compares to others.
Which becomes impossible if you're pedaling on a level course and othes are racing down a mountain at 80 miles an hour. Gravity is doing most of their work. They couldn't achieve those speeds on level ground, so how fast are they legitimately?
If you know a 16/33 word already exists, it's pretty easy to find the word once you open the board. Less easy for a 16/30, but usually pretty simple. So, if you know in advance the word exists, it's like having gravity exaggerate your speed down the hill.
As played, the APPW is an artifice dependent on a willingness to suffer the tedium and drudgery of clicking through enough games and being lucky enough to find more 16/33 + words than someone else chasing the same chimerical ruse.
Just because something is time consuming and burdensome ...
Maybe working with kindergarteners created a bias in me. They'd ask me or my wife to give them the answers they could figure out on their own, and we'd just say, "use your brain, not mine." Of course, some would simply go get the answer from one of the smart kids without bothering.
And, therein lies the rub.
But..., regardless, what is the actual benchmark for APPW without the artificial exaggeration? What is the best APPW any of you have achieved without depending on using high-point words others have found?
Comment
-
I agree with you, Naboka. People enjoy playing the game in different ways, but piggybacking on somebody else's accomplishment has no appeal for me. While I occasionally replay a board where I have a 15- or 16-point word to see if I can find it again (sometimes I can't), I never play anybody else's. Because I play for long words, I do fairly well with APPW, but don't expect to ever win it. If the longest word I can find on a board is 6 letters, so be it.
It might be interesting to add a scoring category for total 16-letter words (and maybe 15 as well) that set the record for a board; i.e., the first person to find it. Not to denigrate how anybody plays the game, but it would be interesting to compare that to the APPW players over 30.Comment
























Comment