Found it - worst (5x5) board EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
    Naboka, great word (if it works). I'll have to keep my eyes open for that.
    It's in the board lalatan posted. Wonder if it's elsewhere.

When tracing out morphophobic, I caught the dys-. Probably the word hanging out over 9 letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post

Looked up "morphophobic" and it seems that "dysmorphophobic" is a more common term. A psychiatric disorder characterised by fixation on an imaginary flaw in physical appearance.

Maybe that's the word, if it's accepted.
      You and Spike came up w a couple of good words! I feel a little sheepish I didn't pursue an answer any further beyond playing the game the first time. I'm probably too impatient to get onto the next game. Maybe someday I'll learn to "smell the roses" more than I currently do...

Comment

Hey, I just tried "notts" and at the moment it is not in the Wordtwist dictionary. It is in the lexic dictionary, though.

Comment

Here's my fearful contribution, played on 3/2/2022:
          few wordes 26.PNG
          Attached Files

Comment

yes - far too many people stuck on believing something that has been disproven time and time again . . . No fear of learning here! I move in a circle of folks ranging in age from early 20s to 80 or so, one of whose guiding principles is to learn something new everyday. We sometimes thank each other for the opportunity to learn something new!

Comment

Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
              Here's my fearful contribution, played on 3/2/2022
              Excellent long word find. It's surprising that you didn't get the high score after playing a 28 pt word that Sentiment missed.

BoredInTheCar, my intent for posting my game was for you and the others who assisted you to find the remaining words in the puzzle but none of you participated. So I apologize for seemingly highjacking your thread.

Comment

No worries, lalatan! It's all fun. (Though if anyone spots more words in the original board I uploaded, I would be curious to see them.)

Comment

Thanks, lalatan. The long word certainly should have helped,--I remember spending a long time looking for the long word. (In general, I could benefit from spending time learning more short rare words, but most of the found words I missed weren't rare. )

Comment

Originally posted by Spike1007 View Post
                    SOPHOPHOBIA (fear of learning) works on lexic.us, so SOPHOPHOBIC should have a shot, although that form doesn't work there.
                    That won't work, I see SOPHOB ... the BIC are a few letters over, it doesn't connect.

That is a good word though, my mother is Sophophobic when I try to teach her something.

Comment

Originally posted by lalatan View Post
                      I encountered this board, which was the worst ever 5x5 I've seen, on March 1 and saved it to post sometime. Since the topic came up in this thread I thought now is a good time. (Also, it seems folks are enjoying the dissection of it.) I of course was looking for the best/longest word but was unsuccessful and dumped the game. Consequently, I never saw the 16 words that were found. I thought I had it when I spotted MORPHOPHOBIC but that was rejected. Enjoy...

WORST 5X5 GAME STATS.jpg WORST 5X5 GAME BOARD LAYOUT.jpg
                      Proms

I know its a small word, that what I saw first.

I also see Corp, don't know if it would be allowed though as its an abbreviation.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredInTheCar View Post
                        No worries, lalatan! It's all fun. (Though if anyone spots more words in the original board I uploaded, I would be curious to see them.)
                        I know you all are about L-O-N-G words but I spotted a few:

JOT
                        NOT
                        TON
                        POLY
                        GIN
                        NIG
                        GLOB
                        GLOP
                        LOB
                        LOT
                        BOT
                        JOB
                        POT
                        LOP

I'm working on extending my words yet 3 letter words are what I notice first.

Comment

2cute, PHO doesn't connect them, but PHOPHO does.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggleOtaku View Post
                            2cute, PHO doesn't connect them, but PHOPHO does.
                            Ohhh, I see it now. Sorry.

Comment

This is one of those quirky things about what gets in the dictionary. "Morphophobic" doesn't make it in, but "dysmorphophobic" does. (Oops. I see I didn't read backward far enough. Sorry.)
                              Last edited by snsmithaz; 05-01-2022, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snsmithaz View Post
                                This is one of those quirky things about what gets in the dictionary. "Morphophobic" doesn't make it in, but "dysmorphophobic" does. (Oops. I see I didn't read backward far enough. Sorry.)
                                I'm always amazed how so many people find the long words. Every once in a while I'll find 'NESS' & I'm all excited because maybe this will be the puzzle where I can find a long word, but no, I'm lucky if I can find an 8 letter one.

So I missed the 'PHOPHO' part of the word. That's what linked it to the other side of the board.

I'm trying to learn, yet you know, when I'm playing the board, I just don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X