No announcement yet.

utterly useless words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that these words are useless, just a place to dump them.

First comes teratogenicists. If you stopped a thousand people on the street and asked for the meaning, I'd bet a grand without hesitation that fewer than 5 would know what it means. Probably could get through the entire thousand with not a single one. And, if they did know, bets are they hadn't used it in the last year.

Yet, the game deems it wide usage.

Shaking my head and laughing.

18 points for this 15 letter word.

All I can say is "buyer beware."

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 9.20.55 PM.png

Next up is marsupials. Some are pretty damned cute. Though some are certainly strange and ugly. Here's a cute one.

th-2892167946.jpeg

Ran across marsupialization. You see -ialization and you just know something's lurking. Was going to post it because the actual meaning verses what one might think is a bit striking.

And God forbid that anyone posts a picture of what it applies to. Pretty gross. So, please don't.

But, I'd be curious whether as many people know marsupialization as teratogenicists.

Comment

Originally posted by Naboka View Post
      Not that these words are useless, just a place to dump them.

First comes teratogenicists. If you stopped a thousand people on the street and asked for the meaning, I'd bet a grand without hesitation that fewer than 5 would know what it means. Probably could get through the entire thousand with not a single one. And, if they did know, bets are they hadn't used it in the last year.

Yet, the game deems it wide usage.

Shaking my head and laughing.

18 points for this 15 letter word.

All I can say is "buyer beware."

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 9.20.55 PM.png

Next up is marsupials. Some are pretty damned cute. Though some are certainly strange and ugly. Here's a cute one.

th-2892167946.jpeg

Ran across marsupialization. You see -ialization and you just know something's lurking. Was going to post it because the actual meaning verses what one might think is a bit striking.

And God forbid that anyone posts a picture of what it applies to. Pretty gross. So, please don't.

But, I'd be curious whether as many people know marsupialization as teratogenicists.
      I don't know marsupialization other than it has something to do w/those cute animals from Australia. I also don't know what teratogenicists is either. My guess ... A genesist that studies the DNA or RNA of soil?

Comment

Teratogenicists is wide but nage is unacceptable. I type nage every time I see it just to watch it get rejected. What do they say about people who keep doing the same thing over and over, but expect a different outcome?

I am still hoping that it will be added to the WordTwist dictionary. As Moonman Shannon said to Tim McCarver in 1964, "You never know."

Comment

Originally posted by dannyb View Post
          Teratogenicists is wide but nage is unacceptable. I type nage every time I see it just to watch it get rejected. What do they say about people who keep doing the same thing over and over, but expect a different outcome?

I am still hoping that it will be added to the WordTwist dictionary. As Moonman Shannon said to Tim McCarver in 1964, "You never know."
          We know what they say, but...

Irony is Einstein didn't say it. Probably came from some reforming drunk in AA or a drug addict in the narcotics program.

But who wants to quote a drunk?

Just lacks authority. Much better to attribute it to someone with authority.

So we repeat it over and over as if...

The thing is, what's sane? And what's normal?

Repeating something over and over again and expecting a different result is pretty much normal--thus "sane" behavior. You can see it in how people play this game.

Ever try to make changes in some organization and experience the hollering and crying? People really don't like change.

But, they claim to want better results.

Go figure.

And, if they're NOT achieving the results they expect, it's usually gonna be someone else's fault. We like to blame others or find fault in THEM. Almost always a THEM causing the problem. Certainly not our behaviors.

Must have been going on since man lived in caves. History mentions that tendency now and then. Like the speck in your brother's eye.

But, as the wife says, I talk to much and overexplain everything.

So...

ps: if brevity is the soul of wit, this author needs work on his pithiness.
          Last edited by Naboka; 03-11-2023, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Where do these nonexistent words come from? Often I see words people have had accepted and think, huh??? And they just don't exist, except they must, somewhere. But where, and can't someone filter them out?
            Or perhaps we should have a James Joyce version, and just let everyone make up their own words.

Comment

"Yes I said yes I will yes"

Or perhaps dementedman has never been to Araby.

Comment

'....and my eyes burned with anguish and anger.'

Comment

Working...
                X