How Can Solving Percentage Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can Solving Percentage Change?

At least three times today I have seen two players who are at the top of the current boards go from a 100% solution rate to one that is less than perfect, only to have them go back to a 100% solution rate an hour or two later. How is this possible? Is there a window where you can actually go back to an unsolved puzzle and finish it?

It happens while a puzzle is being worked as it has been started but not solved. You'll notice that the user is on line while it occurs.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Guess that’s why I’ve never seen it happen to me

Comment

It's happened to you, but you weren't looking. You were still trying to solve the puzzle. You can make it happen. While at 100%, stop playing, go to the scorebook and notice you've slipped below 100%. Return and finish the puzzle and look at the scorebook and your back at 100%

Comment

It is possible to return to an unsolved puzzle, at least for a time, on the "Recent Games" page:
          Here you'll find a list of all puzzles initiated under your account in the past six hours, along with links that will allow you to retry any puzzles which you've not yet completed. This can be useful if you accidentally loaded a duplicate puzzle, or if you were somehow prevented from being able to successfully complete a puzzle due to an internet problem or server glitch.
          I sometimes use this as a quick way to delete everything and start the puzzle from scratch. Note this does not restart the timer, you have to choose between success rate and solve time.

Comment

Waldo, that's what I meant. I've never stopped in the middle of a puzzle to check my stats. Thanks.

Comment

You most certainly can go back and retry a puzzle you couldn't solve. You just have to click on recent puzzles and it will say retry. You may not get as many points because of the time but its worth it to get your 100%

Comment

Working...
              X