No announcement yet.

Things that Bansai left for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Time crumbles things. Everything grows old under the power of Time and is forgotten through the lapse of Time."
    — Aristotle

bansaisequoia
    April 19, 2011, 4:24 am
    I'd rather have peanut butter cup crumbles on top of my frozen vanilla coffee yogurt on a hot subtropics day. Wow. This guy was buzzkill over 2,000 years ago.

Comment

• "My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
      — Alan Alexander Milne

bansaisequoia
      January 19, 2010, 6:14 pm
      He's just making excuses for not solving cryptograms.
      paulm48329
      August 31, 2011, 11:53 pm
      Sounds like a load of Pooh...
      sgardzal
      September 1, 2013, 7:22 am
      Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Comment

• "I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them. "
        — Baruch Spinoza

bansaisequoia
        May 31, 2009, 1:38 am
        I think we do all four of those things and then some.

Comment

• "Man may be the captain of his fate, but is also the victim of his blood sugar."
          — Wilfrid G. Oakley

bansaisequoia
          August 8, 2013, 12:23 am
          I think this was really said by Wilford Brimley with his die-uh-BEAT-us.

Comment

• "All of you that intend to ring, you undertake a dangerous thing. "
            — Unattributed

montyb
            March 16, 2012, 10:16 pm
            Context?????
            montyb
            July 23, 2012, 9:26 pm
            I believe it's referring to telemarketers.
            bansaisequoia
            October 21, 2012, 3:14 pm
            Maybe it means don't watch that Japanese videotape that kills everybody seven days after viewing. (but, telemarketers sounds plausible, too!)

Comment

• "It is good to vary in order that you may frustrate the curious, especially those who envy you."
              — Baltasar Gracian

banzaisequoia
              January 30, 2010, 3:06 am
              You think you know what I'm thinking? Think again.
              bansaisequoia June 25, 2013 10 seconds
              Last edited by Toeprint; 08-18-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• "I am an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way. "
                — Carl Sandburg

bansaisequoia
                March 19, 2010, 12:10 am
                "I'm on my way, I don't know where I'm goin', I'm on my way, I'm takin' my time, but I don't know where."--Paul Simon (the singer, not the former presidential candidate)

Comment

• "If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why oh why can't I?"
                  — E.Y. Harburg

bansaisequoia
                  August 11, 2012, 4:00 pm
                  The lyrics to the Harold Arlen song were by Yip Harburg. No to mention If I Only Had A Brain.

Comment

• "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. "
                    — Franklin D. Roosevelt
                    2. banzaisequoia January 30, 2010 6 seconds
                    5. bansaisequoia June 17, 2013 7 seconds

RickyFlips
                    August 26, 2015, 10:19 am
                    Wait, is there a banzaisequoia AND a bansaisequoia? Twin cryptographers separated at birth perhaps?
                    LLapp
                    August 31, 2015, 9:30 am
                    He has multiple userID disorder.

Comment

• "He who does not expect a million readers should not write a line. "
                      — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

kat
                      February 21, 2009, 7:18 pm
                      19 sec
                      admin
                      February 28, 2009, 9:42 pm
                      Nicely done, Kat! I see you've now beaten even that by one second - the record is 18 now. :-)
                      bansaisequoia
                      May 25, 2010, 4:10 pm
                      Useta be.

Comment

• "No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. "
                        — Unattributed

bansaisequoia
                        June 19, 2009, 10:37 pm
                        This maxim has led to many boring, tedious Oscar acceptance speeches. And who knows what the Nobel Prize ceremony is like?

Comment

• "Ignorance of the law excuses no man. Not that all men know the law, but because 'tis an excuse every man will plead, and no man can tell how to refute him."
                          — John Selden

bansaisequoia
                          January 11, 2011, 3:32 am
                          I don't think I'd have a reasonable doubt that larceny, homicide and breaking and entering were unbeknownst to a defendant. However, there are so many laws on the books, I can believe in some cases, it may be true that the defendants were unaware. A number of students at my university organized a protest of an archaic law on the Wisconsin books in 1981, after the friend of a classmate and his fiance were arrested in 1981. The law was repealed in 6 months. I won't go into the nature of it on this website, but, I firmly believe that the arresting officers and probably most of the Wisconsin State Legislature had at one time violated this law. And, realistically, probably most people on this website.
                          ruxpin66
                          June 3, 2018, 9:48 am
                          LOL @ bansai. That was about the time of the repeal of the "sexual perversion" laws in Wisconsin. So, I'm going with agreeing not to specify on this site.

Comment

• "A girl has to have a beautiful smile, beautiful eyes and she should have a good sense of humor. She should be honest, loving and trustworthy."
                            — Justin Bieber

bansaisequoia
                            October 16, 2012, 1:31 am
                            And she should grant him favors backstage, without filing suit.

Comment

• "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations officers."
                              — Daniel J. Boorstin

bansaisequoia
                              March 19, 2009, 10:11 pm
                              If anyone wants to read an enlightening book that will change your outlook on life, by all means read this University of Chicago historian's "The Discoverers" (1983) and its companion volume, "The Creators" (1992)

Comment

• "Children need models rather than critics. "
                                — Joseph Joubert

bansaisequoia
                                April 28, 2010, 6:59 pm
                                Men want models rather than critics.

Comment

Working...
                                X