No announcement yet.

Things that Bansai left for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If a sufficient number of people who wanted to stop war really did gather together, they would first of all begin by making war upon those who disagreed with them."
    — Gurdjieff

bansaisequoia
    June 22, 2009, 11:54 pm
    Gurdjieff? Now we're getting into philosophers who make Schopenhauer seem very staid and serious.

Comment

• "Repetition is the reality and the seriousness of life. "
      — Soren Kierkegaard

bansaisequoia
      September 29, 2009, 7:39 pm
      'Happiness is the longing for repetition.'--Milan Kundera

Comment

• "I've learned that you can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk."
        — Anonymous

bansai.png

Comment

• "If only one could tell true love from false love as one can tell mushrooms from toadstools. "
          — Katherine Mansfield

pootie49
          May 31, 2009, 1:27 am
          I can't tell mushrooms from toadstools

bansaisequoia
          January 15, 2010, 2:54 am
          So this toadstool asks this mushroom out on a date, but she turns him down. He says, "Why not? I'm a fungi."

Comment

• "Ridding Iraq of weapons of mass destruction. That was the whole idea, right? That's why we went. I am reluctant to let that fact disappear down the memory hole."
            — Rachel Maddow

bansaisequoia
            March 17, 2011, 4:51 am
            Can you explain to me, Rachel Maddow, why you are not insisting on a war with North Korea, a nation which was labeled an "Axis of Evil" nation in George W Bush's 2002 State of the Union Address, now that we are 100% certain that they have nukes the size of Hiroshima? The UN acknowledges this, and they don't even need to send Hans Blix to verify it. Come to think of it, we never went to war with the Soviet Union, even though they had colossal nukes from the 1905s through their breakup in 1990. Why wasn't that a "necessary" war?

Comment

• "There is nothing exempt from the peril of mutation; the earth, heavens, and whole world is thereunto subject. "
              — Sir Walter Raleigh

bansaisequoia
              December 30, 2009, 10:09 pm
              Beware of the mutants!

Comment

• "My rackets are run on strictly American lines and they're going to stay that way."
                — Al Capone

bansaisequoia
                September 14, 2009, 10:44 pm
                Except when we get shipments from Canada. Oh, yeah, and when the rum runners come up from the Caribbean.

phthelen
                November 30, 2017, 4:06 am
                Bansaisequoia forgets it was the US that enacted prohibition, not the Caribbean, nor Canada. Corruption was rampant at the highest levels of US Even the US Attorney General Harry Daugherty sold alcohol illegally, gave licences and pardoned offenders, and took bribes from other bootleggers.

Comment

• "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite. "
                  — Winston Churchill

bansai.png
                  Last edited by Toeprint; 07-27-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• "Home is any four walls that enclose the right person. "
                    — Helen Rowland

bansaisequoia
                    October 29, 2009, 10:23 pm
                    These days, you can't even get a mortgage for four walls.

Comment

• "If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it. "
                      — Marcus Tullius Cicero

bansaisequoia
                      December 25, 2009, 1:39 am
                      Well, okay then. Rush Limbaugh is a completely hypocritical Oxy-Contin drug addict who belongs in jail. The only time he ever lost weight off his obese slacker gut was just before he checked into the rehab clinic for being a lying weasel.

--- --- --- --- ---

"The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right."
                      — Hannah Whitall Smith

Barnabas
                      September 8, 2010, 7:13 pm
                      I can think of one or two talk radio show hosts who would do well to consider this quote.
                      bansaisequoia
                      October 9, 2010, 5:56 pm
                      Is one of them an oxy-contin addict?
                      pootie49
                      April 26, 2011, 12:02 am
                      LOL Bansai
                      joma1944
                      December 4, 2017, 4:07 pm
                      Ahh pootie , it was more fun when you were here.
                      Last edited by Toeprint; 08-08-2021, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• "Congress consists of one third, more or less, scoundrels; two thirds, more or less, idiots; and three thirds, more or less, poltroons."
                        — H.L. Mencken

bansaisequoia
                        February 6, 2012, 7:41 am
                        Some are idiotic, scoundrelly poltroons.

Comment

• "The warning message we sent the Russians was a calculated ambiguity that would be clearly understood."
                          — Alexander Meigs Haig

bansaisequoia
                          June 9, 2009, 11:19 pm
                          This is far more unnerving than anything ever uttered by Dan Quayle. Misspelling potato is a matter for humor. This concerns a matter of detente between the two nuclear superpowers of the Cold War. I'm thankful Ronald Reagan never depressed the button on the "football."

Comment

• "Great bodies of people are never responsible for what they do. "
                            — Virginia Woolf

bansaisequoia
                            August 8, 2009, 10:16 pm
                            Was she talking about Parliament?

Comment

• They'll have to shoot me first to take my gun."
                              — Roy Rogers

bansaisequoia
                              June 18, 2013, 11:59 pm
                              The Slye Devil.

Comment

• “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
                                — James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies

bansaisequoia
                                October 28, 2009, 10:50 pm
                                Digging a little further on the net, this line was actually said by the Jonathan Pryce bad guy character and not James Bond. Doesn't it sound more like a villain line? I've found at least three different paraphrases, so who knows which one is correct? The screenplay was by Bruce Feirstein.
                                bansaisequoia
                                October 28, 2009, 10:51 pm
                                Digging a little further on the net, this line was actually said by the Jonathan Pryce bad guy character and not James Bond. Doesn't it sound more like a villain line? I've found at least three different paraphrases, so who knows which one is correct? The screenplay was by Bruce Feirstein.
                                pootie49
                                August 9, 2011, 12:52 pm
                                lucky you repeated that for us. in case we didnt get it the first time??!!!
                                bansaisequoia
                                November 5, 2012, 4:43 pm
                                lucky you repeated that for us. in case we didnt get it the first time??!!!
                                Last edited by Toeprint; 09-14-2021, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X