Solving videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ernests View Post
    And six years later, this thread lives again!

Here's a video of me mumbling for ten minutes while I work through some cryptograms.
    Solving cryptograms on the website cryptograms.org while talking through how I'm solving them.

No records and a few missteps but I managed to get some reasonable times, fortunately.
    that was enjoyable, ernests--and your voice is quite soothing!

Comment

Originally posted by ernests View Post
      And six years later, this thread lives again!

Here's a video of me mumbling for ten minutes while I work through some cryptograms.
      Solving cryptograms on the website cryptograms.org while talking through how I'm solving them.

No records and a few missteps but I managed to get some reasonable times, fortunately.
      Ernests, I enjoyed that! Your approach looks a lot like mine, so it felt very familiar to watch your process. Cryptogram-solving is such a solitary activity, and it's nice to share it by video. Also, I think the way you talk through it while you solve could make the video a helpful orientation for new players.

Comment

Oops, I did it again!

Thanks LLapp. Helping to show how a solver goes about getting to the solution was my intention. I did find that trying to solve and explain at the same time is kind of tricky, though, so maybe it's not quite as helpful as I wanted.

Anyway, here's another video. Maybe I'll make more if the mood takes me.

Comment

watched a few!

Trying to figure out your accent...British?? I'm so very bad with accents and dialects...good thing I never wanted to be an actress...;-D
          At any rate, it was interesting to watch you solve. I've had 3 sisters and a daughter stand behind me while I'm solving and they STILL don't "get it". I guess you just have to have a love for pursuing the solution.
          Kudos,
          Beth

Comment

Originally posted by gryhnd51 View Post
            Trying to figure out your accent...British?? I'm so very bad with accents and dialects...good thing I never wanted to be an actress...;-D
            Yes, it's British, specifically Yorkshire, although my accent has probably got kind of mixed up with my family coming from various parts of the country.

Comment

Working...
            X