No announcement yet.

How long has this been going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i might be one of the newest members!!!!!

i joined jul 25 2016

i my ranking is still bad.

hahaha hope to be a senior member i always dreamed of being a spy after mission impossible, salt, never watched bond movies and solving these are a very real spy skill

Comment

Welcome, Newby! I'm coming up on 4 years in December. I've been doing paper and pencil cryptos since I was a kid in the 60s. You mentioned becoming a senior member. I was a junior member for 3 and a half years. What pushed me into the senior member category is when I reached 100 posts in the Forum. So you only have 94 to go. Have fun solving and good luck!

BTW, I guess I'm member 33569

Comment

Tilottama, google Bletchley Park WW2 . Turing, the Father of Computing worked there too.

And on a lighter note, you canīt become a good James Bond- type of spy if you leave traces of your location, nationality, date of birth , gender, language , current location , ancestral antagonism towards the British etc etc.

Them enemy Spymasters can trace everything about you - from the midwife who delivered you , to your school friends to your current place of residence.

But as far leveraging your code breaking skills go... Bletchley Park spying would be ideal for you.

But if you REALLY want to become a cloak and dagger kind of spy , perhaps you should create a new FALSE but plausible identity for yourself.

This is just advice from an old man who had similar dreams when he was a kid.
        Bye. Happy Spying.

Comment

How long

I originally joined in July 2007, but all the data from before Feb 2008 was lost in the great crash. Largely quit playing for several years before I resumed last year.

Comment

Wow -- thanks, Lurker. So I joined in June of 2010, and I'm number 16,637.

Opallady is officially the longest-standing player who is still playing: Number 7! After her, it's gryhnd51, at number 13.

Funny that after I posted this, I basically disappeared for a couple of years, just because life got busy. Nice to be back.

Comment

Longest

I know I started the same day as gryhnd, with a couple of others the very next day. Don't know what number I am though.

Comment

Originally posted by maradnu View Post
                I know I started the same day as gryhnd, with a couple of others the very next day. Don't know what number I am though.
                you're number 46. (number at end of the url on your profile page.)

Comment

Working...
                X