Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My all-time ranking is less than 1,000 - finally!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My all-time ranking is less than 1,000 - finally!!

I've been a member here since Nov, 2014 and finally my all-time ranking is now within the Top 1,000!!
    It took 10 months to get that ranking.
    This place has some serious puzzle solvers.

Congratulations, Wolf! Seriously, I've been watching you on the monthly tallies each month, and I've been pulling for you. Good job, keep it up, and git er done!

Comment

Good work, Wolf, and good luck. You'll be amazed how fast you move up.

Comment

Well done!! It might seem like it took a long time, but some folks have been here longer and not gotten as far. Good job.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!!

Comment

I recall when I first started out. I played as a guest for the longest time to get my confidence up. At the point where I realized that as a competitor I could see my ranking, I was between 3000 and 4000-around 3600, I think. I started setting small goals to get inside the top 3000, then 2000 and so on, then just kept going. That was four years ago! Congrats and just keep plugging on; you'll get where you want to be.

Comment

I've noticed for some time that such and such a member is a Senior member, another (like me) is a Junior member, and some say neither Senior nor Junior. How are those rankings assigned and will I at any point be promoted from a Junior member to a Senior member?

Comment

Oddcouple, for some reason it's tied to the number of posts you have in the forum. I can't remember the numbers for each level. So post more replies and help out with the story! It adds up.

And if you're a Premium Member, you can make up your own tag.

Comment

Thanks Lurker. For some reason I was assuming it was length of time you had been on the website. Or maybe number of points you achieved. Like right now, I am ranked 101 and ready to move into the register of 100 after about another 30,000 points. That should happen next month. I had thought maybe that might be the cutoff. But I hardly ever post, so if you're right, I'll never be a senior member.

Comment

me too!

just looked at the side and saw that you were less than 1000! grats!
                    checked misself, and am 999! lol

Comment

i think one starts out as a junior member, becomes a member after about 30 forum posts, and a senior member after...80? 90? somewhere around there.

lurker, what's the tag you mentioned?

Comment

I forget who did it, but someone created something like "senior annoyer". And I think LLL had "Sparkle Plenty". It must be in the settings.

Comment

I just noticed that I am a member. never gave it any thought before

Comment

I'm pretty sure that being a "senior member" simply means that you THINK you have something of importance to add to the conversation, however untrue that may prove to be...LOL!
                            I'm far more impressed by the accomplishments of so many of you, who work full time jobs and still find time to play. You SHOULD be very proud of yourselves!
                            Congratulations to all who have reached their goal, and I mean that from my heart.

Comment

Well, yeah. I work 50 hours a week with a seventy mile daily commute. So I'll never have an opportunity to become one of the top scorers. But I was pleased yesterday to see after 33 months on the site to hit the 100 ranking. That was a goal of mine for the last three months. My goal for the next three is to continue to move up and maybe get to about number 80 by the end of the year. Well, that, and to set a few record times. It's been almost a year since I saw the flying Baron.

Comment

Working...
                              X