Presence of cheaters / hackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presence of cheaters / hackers

Has anyone else noticed that on some puzzles, the top 10 solve times features some pretty suspicious times? I'm talking about 14x14 3-star puzzles with a record solve time of <10 seconds.

User Aladen is a good example of this: https://starbattle.puzzlebaron.com/profile.php?u=4985

Their average solve time for 14x14 puzzles is 10 seconds. Their average solve time for 12x12 2 star puzzles is 7.8 seconds. But, their average solve time for 10x10 2 star puzzles is 853.8 seconds. This is a crazily imbalanced average solve time, and it's really suspicious that the harder puzzles has such an inhumanly fast solve time.

I can only conclude that this user (and potentially others) are using some sort of code / software to cheat while playing, and I hope Puzzle Baron does something about it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, frogsterjr - this user is obviously using a script to game the system. His/her stats have been removed from the monthly and all-time competitions, and will be wiped from individual puzzle statistics as well.
    If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thank you!! Awesome to see that this site has active admins - keep up the great work!

Comment

14*14 in under 10 seconds?? I'm seriously impressed by all those who do the 8*8 in 13 or so seconds. I don't think I've ever taken less than about 40. I guess some can see the "no" without having to put dots in, but that's still a lot to remember even if you do save time not clicking thrm

Comment

Originally posted by Champagnedrinker View Post
          14*14 in under 10 seconds?? I'm seriously impressed by all those who do the 8*8 in 13 or so seconds. I don't think I've ever taken less than about 40. I guess some can see the "no" without having to put dots in, but that's still a lot to remember even if you do save time not clicking thrm
          14*14 in under 10 seconds is physically impossible, that's why the person who got those times got banned.
          8*8 on the other hand is very possible. After playing a lot, it almost becomes instinctive where to stars should be, and it becomes easier to recognize patterns. Sometimes you make a wrong placement and it takes longer, but sometimes your pattern recognition or instinct is right and you can place all starts in 10 or even less seconds :)

Comment

Originally posted by Luckr View Post

8*8 on the other hand is very possible.
            Can agree with this, but what I keep seeing is a lot of the top 10 results are from people who've managed to replay the same puzzle, not sure how that's possible? Surely leads to cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by kirkmcg View Post

Can agree with this, but what I keep seeing is a lot of the top 10 results are from people who've managed to replay the same puzzle, not sure how that's possible? Surely leads to cheating?
              How do you know they replayed the same puzzle? Unless you mean because there's multiple comments from them but then you can see how far apart they played it. There are thousands of puzzles for each size but if you play enough you get the same ones again eventually. By the time you get one again you won't remember it.

Comment

Working...
              X